I took the stats/info from my 9 month blog post and put them on journaling strips.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
I took the stats/info from my 9 month blog post and put them on journaling strips.
Sunday, December 26, 2010
- Still is size 18 month clothes although I see a size upgrade in her future.
- Starting to wave which is downright adorable.
- LOVES bathtime with her big sisters. She gets the biggest smile when she splashes.
- Done eating cereal/baby food and can polish off a hot dog lickety split.
- She likes to babble and repeat sounds back to you. She'll say Mama, Dada, and boop.
- She's fallen in love with her Daddy. She will crawl with great quickness to get to him.
- Loves to stand on your legs and lean her head way back.
- Weighed 24 lbs. 4 oz. at an ear recheck this month.
- Has developed a throaty, hearty laugh. It's pretty contagious!
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
I simply and utterly adore you. How can you be 5 years old already? Sometimes I feel like it's Christmas Eve 2005 and your Dad and I just brought you home from the hospital. I remember the house being cold (big surprise) and the cats being intrigued with our new addition. Fast forward 5 years and you've become a big sister twice.
It seems that in the last 6 months you've grown up so much quicker than before. It's like things have been moving in warp speed. Your legs are longer, your sentences & questions are funnier, your personality is bursting at the seams. There are times I catch a glimpse of you walking down the hall or across the parking lot and I have to catch my breath. When did you get to be a little girl instead of a toddler? Where did my little baby go?
I love that you are sensitive and thoughtful. I love that you want to create/draw pictures for everyone from Mrs. Norieka to the pizza delivery boy. I love how you tell me "I love you Mama" at the moments I need to hear it most. I love that your favorite song is Bust a Move. I love that you take Scout's rough-and-tumble attitude without retaliation. I love how you make Ellie laugh. I simply love you.
Happy Birthday Bennet! Enjoy your year!
Happy Birthday to my Grandpa Bud too! He's 95. Happy Birthday to my cousin Tiffany too! She's 24! (Yes- my Grandpa has a granddaughter and greatgranddaughter who share his birthday. Very cool!)
Monday, December 20, 2010
One of the benefits of having Scout in child care at work is that I get to see her regularly. Last week they were dressed as angels for a holiday gift project for parents.
I finally made myself a paper loop wreath for the holidays. The yellow and red match our newly painted kitchen perfectly
Our 2nd annual dinner out with Kim, Casie and Jess. My monthly scrapping friends. Olive Garden just opened here a couple of weeks ago which was a long time coming. We enjoyed food, drink and conversation. I love these ladies!
Friday, December 17, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
As soon as George Bailey shouts 'My mouths bleeding, Bert! My mouth's bleeding' and digs in his pockets for ZuZu's petals I'm a goner. They continue to roll as George runs through Bedford Falls as a magical snow falls. When he runs in the house and grabs the loose banister knob, something that had been one of life's problems and kisses it, I'm reminded that all the day-to-day stresses and issues are not as bad as we make them out to be.
I truly do have A Wonderful Life. Clarence the Angel was right- 'No man is a failure who has friends'
Sunday, December 12, 2010
This year I'm determined to keep the stress level low. I'm cutting myself some slack. There are only so many hours in the day. Only so many weekends in December. We can't do it all. We both work full time and have three young kids. While the kids would have enjoyed the cut-your-own variety they are equally happy with the fact that they have a 'big' tree all a glitter in the living room.
It is the smallest tree we've ever had but I'm ok with that too. I'm just going with the flow this year and loving it! We finished decorating the tree tonight while we listened to Christmas music.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
St. Nick's Day. I remember putting shoes out for St. Nick as a kid but I guess the traditional version involves socks so we go with that. The big girls loved the candy, nail polish, nail stickers and tattoos that they found in their socks. Ellie immediately fell in love with the little pink monkey Nick picked out for her. She's been carrying it around all week.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
The key to success is to get it prepped before December starts. I prepped my pages in early November and now it's ready to go.
Here are the first 3 days of December 2010
Letters to Santa. I loved that Bennet was old enough this year to actually write the letters when I helped her spell the words.
Friday, December 3, 2010
Reading: The Ape House by Sara Gruen.
Obsessed with: getting my Christmas shopping done.
Thinking about: Nick who is in Madison tonight to celebrate his friend Bill's birthday. They have a tendency to get into trouble. :) Pray that he comes back in one piece.
Planning to: add photos to my December Daily album tonight. Third year and still loving it.
Dreaming of: dreaming while sleeping on my awesome flannel sheets.
Enjoying: how excited Bennet is with everything related to the holiday season. If I could convert her enthusiasm into power she could tow my car home.
Vowing to: get finish sewing pj pants this weekend.
Working on: decorating the house for Christmas
Excited about: watching all the Holiday movies this year. First up- Love Actually.
Monday, November 29, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
- She crawls super fast.
- Is pulling herself up on furniture and attempting to cruise. Will we have a walker by Christmas?
- Is pretty much eating what we eat. She LOVES to eat- All.Day.Long. Spaghetti, meat and bananas are her favorites right now.
- She is a great sleeper. Usually goes down without a peep at 7 p.m. and sleeps until 7 a.m.
- Naps twice a day.
- Size 4 diapers.
- Size 18 months or 2T clothes.
- At her 9 month appointment her stats were 22 lbs. 3 oz. and 30" tall. I think she's going to be tall like her Mom. She's close to 24 lbs. now.
- Ellie thinks Bennet hung the moon. B can get her to laugh better than anyone else.
- Has 4 teeth. 2 on the top. 2 on the bottom.
- Is getting over another cold. Ear infection again.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
TITLE: Let Me Eat Cake
Journaling: This year you were all about the cake- you were very specific. You insisted that Dad make it. It had to be this exact shade of blue. Dad went to get special dye and edible pearls to complete your 'blue cake'
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Here are some of the highlights from my 34th year. It was a busy one!
Top to bottom, Left to Right:
02. Nick's homemade rocking horse for the girls for Christmas
03. 9 months pregnant with Ellie
04. First photo of my three girls
05. Spending lots of time in the wrap (Ellie birth-8 weeks)
06. Storytime at the library
07. Trunnell family visit Valentine's Day weekend
08. Ellie smiles
09. The Great Stomach Flu of 2010
10. Dying Eggs in Elk River
11. Easter weekend in Wausau
12. My first Mother's Day as a Mom of 3
13. MN cabin weekend with just us girls
14. First Fat Tire post Ellie
15. Memorial Day weekend at the cabin
16. WooHoo Wednesday picnic at Grandma Barb's
17. Homemade Zombie doll for Nick for Father's Day
18. Backyard camping with the big girls
19. 4th of July weekend in Wahkon, MN
20. Woodchucks Game
21. Date night to celebrate Jess's birthday
22. Madison weekend for Brett & Caitlin's wedding
23. Scrapbook weekend at Tall Oaks Retreat with ScrapFreaks (plus monthly crops with the girls!)
24. Family walk to the Farmers Market and breakfast at The Mint
25. Jason Yarrington Memorial Weekend in Eau Claire
26. Bay Beach Amusement Park in Green Bay
27. After a decade as a redhead I go to my natural brown
28. After a year being unemployed I start my new job at the YWCA Wausau
29. Beef-A-Rama in Minocqua with the Mann's
30. Looking at the fall colors on Rib Mountain
31. Me & Ellie in the leaves
32. Sewing Bennet's Halloween costume
33. Chaperoning Bennet's Field Trip to School Forest
34. Surviving the day-to-day of raising 3 wonderful girls!
Friday, November 19, 2010
2. Taught a little paper bag scrapbooking class at a middle school this week for the YWCA GIRLS Club. I'll be doing it at the two other middle schools in the area as well.
3. Loved last nights episode of 'Community'. I want to build a giant blanket fort now.
4. Trying to find matching pj's for sizes 6, 4T and 18 months is tough so I'm going to sew some pj pants myself. Adds a personal little touch.
9. My friend Brett and his new bride Caitlin are coming to visit tomorrow/night. I am looking forward to seeing him and getting to know Caitlin better!
10. Starting a new book, A Secret Kept by Tatiane de Rosnay. I really enjoyed Sarah's Key so hopefully her new novel won't disappoint.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
I said that I normally don't scrap the same photo/layout for each of the girls albums. If they are in a photo together I just alternate which album I put it in. BUT- I really liked this photo. It summed up what their relationship this summer.
Journaling: The other day the two of you were playing in the living room & giggling non-stop. It made me so happy hearing you enjoying each other. It won't always be the case but I will remember the day you did.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
Scout turned 3 in early September. It was time. I'm done buying diapers for 2. About three weeks ago Nick and I decided the kid gloves were coming off- it was time for a little tough love. EVERY night after dinner she goes #2. Like clockwork.
5:25 p.m.- it begins. She strips down and sits on toilet BAWLING
(Bennet and Ellie are in the tub at this point. So all 5 of us in our tiny bathroom. Family bonding)
5:35 p.m- still BAWLING 5:45 p.m. - Bennet and Ellie out of the tub and downstairs. Away from the tears. Scout is still wimpering at this point.
6:00 p.m.- I take over for Nick. Scout and I look at pictures of kids using the potty on the iTouch.
6:30 p.m.- Scout wants me to have 'crazy hair' with funny ponytails. Everytime she toots I add a ponytail. Whatever works!
6:50 p.m.- It FINALLY happens and I actually hold back tears of joy. I didn't have to fake my excitement. She had a grin from ear-to-ear. "I did it Mommy! I did it!" I told her how proud I was of her. She said, "Me too! I'm proud too" After a quick wipe she proceeded to streak down the hall and downstairs to tell Nick, Bennet & Ellie.
6:55 p.m.- I hand her a PullUp and she says "No!" Runs into the nursery, grabs the rocking chair, moves it over to the dresser, climbs up and pulls out her Dora underwear. She's earned it!
7:00 p.m.- Celebratory ice cream with Magic Shell.
7:05 p.m.- A call to Grandma Mary Ella to share the milestone.
An hour and a half. 90 minutes of tears and negotiations it happened. Since then it had been hit or miss until last week. On Tuesday she asked to wear 'unnies' to preschool. Ok- here we go. She stayed dry all day-even through naptime-and hasn't looked back. It's a miracle!
Friday, November 12, 2010
6. Having a lunch date with Nick today. We are trying to make it a weekly thing.
7. I chaperoned Bennet on a field trip to School Forest yesterday. We had so much fun. I'm pretty sure Bennet loved having me there since she never let go of my hand.
It had been a long time since I rode a big yellow school bus. Nothing has changed.
8. One of her classmates had a shirt that said "To Hell with Cookies and Milk. Give me Jewelry and Cash" Really? I wouldn't even buy a shirt like that much less let her wear it to school.
9. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows comes out next week. I am so excited.
10. Scout has stayed dry in underwear for two full days in a row. This is a HUGE deal. Requires a separate post at some point.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
My father-in-law, Roger Sweeney, is a proud member of the U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1964. Here he is aboard the USS Tecumseh. I hope I'm not breaking any trade secrets or impairing National Security with this photo. :) Right now he is on vacation in California with my mother-in-law hanging out with several different Navy friends. 40 years later and still sharing stories.
I have to thank my Mom as well. Each year she helps organize a phenomenal Veterans Day program at Twin Lakes Elementary School where she is a Special Ed Teacher. They really include the community as well as students and families. They have a flag raising ceremony followed by a program that introduces veteran guests, and families from their school who have a loved one actively serving. Thanks Mom for volunteering your time to put together such an important program!
Thanks to all vetrans!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
TITLE: I see YouJournaling: You steal my heart. Through a simple game of peek-a-boo . . . Product: October Afternoon pp, My Mind's Eye pp, Jillibean Soup pp, American Crafts alpha and trim.
Monday, November 8, 2010
I don't what I was afraid of. I guess I was prepared to hear about all the things we needed to work on. I think I was afraid that she had inherited all of our less desirable qualities. Would she talk too much or interrupt?(I tend to interrupt). Would she forget her classmates names? (Nick's not so hot with names). Was she kissing ALL the boys or only Liam? Was she that kid?
It never occurred to me that she may have also inherited some of our most desirable qualities. That perhaps she was listening to what we've been teaching her. That she could be the girl we know and love at school as well as at home.
Her teacher told us that she was a wonderful, thoughtful and caring little girl. That Bennet looks out for classmates and makes sure they are doing ok. She said it was clear that Bennet was happy and loved school.
At this point that feedback means more to me than whether she can write her name (which she can) or can read a book unassisted (which she can't). There are so many moments of doubt when you're a parent. Am I doing it right? Am I doing enough? It makes me feel good to know that Nick and I are doing ok- maybe even great.
It reminded me of this video I saw at the beginning of the year. Katherine Center said it better than I could. I took the words from the video and used it for the journaling on my layout.
What I Would Tell Her (if I knew what to say) by Katherine Center
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Here is a project I made for Day 1. I've made this wreath in the past as gifts but I never made one for myself. Since my kitchen is a newly painted muted yellow, I thought it was time I made one for our home.
Don't be intimidated by this project. It takes around 1 hour to make from start to finish. With a wreath from the Dollar Tree is costs less than $10 to make!
I made step-by-step instructions complete with pdf download that are available at ScrapFreak. Check it out!
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Ferris Bueller said it best, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" My StoryTelling challenge to you this month is to document something happening Right Here, Right Now. Focus on something that you (or someone you love) is really into right now (drink, color, television show).
TITLE: Top Top Bottom Bottom
I have to laugh because Scout did this little thing for a couple weeks and now she hasn't done it in months. I'm glad I remembered to document it.
TITLE: Just Hit Pause (inspired by Bennet when she grabs the remote to pause a show)
Journaling:Chooses egg sandwiches for lunch everyday * Loves checking the weather on the ipod touch in the morning. “Mom- it’s moonlight out today. Wait- there is another place to double check”* Is enjoying puting on her apron for nightly “cooking lessons” with Dad* Loves playing outside & riding her big girl bike* Is developing a wee bit of a sassy, ungrateful attitude that I hope is short lived *Loves to draw her ‘fam-a-lee’*Is embracing school & wanting to read even more books*Will often get up in the morning before I do. I find her wrapped up in a blanket on the couch*Can recognize songs within one or two notes*Thinks SuperHeroes are awesome*Makes me smile when she says, “You’re the best mom ever!”* Calls the store Old Navy - Old Gravy* Helps take the garbage to the curb every week without being asked.*Loves helping clean Stoli & Jones litter boxes* Her favorite tv show is Phineas & Ferb*Prefers wearing skirts to jeans* Wants to talk on the phone to everyone who calls*Is starting to say things like, “When I’m a 5 year old. . . ”*Loads the dishwasher*Enjoys picking out Ellie’s veggie or fruit from the pantry at mealtime* Is still talk talk talk & full of questions*Loves ‘Kids Place Live’ on the satellite radio* Sincerely tells me that I’m a ‘hot hot Mama’* Sept 2010