Monday, November 29, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
- She crawls super fast.
- Is pulling herself up on furniture and attempting to cruise. Will we have a walker by Christmas?
- Is pretty much eating what we eat. She LOVES to eat- All.Day.Long. Spaghetti, meat and bananas are her favorites right now.
- She is a great sleeper. Usually goes down without a peep at 7 p.m. and sleeps until 7 a.m.
- Naps twice a day.
- Size 4 diapers.
- Size 18 months or 2T clothes.
- At her 9 month appointment her stats were 22 lbs. 3 oz. and 30" tall. I think she's going to be tall like her Mom. She's close to 24 lbs. now.
- Ellie thinks Bennet hung the moon. B can get her to laugh better than anyone else.
- Has 4 teeth. 2 on the top. 2 on the bottom.
- Is getting over another cold. Ear infection again.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
TITLE: Let Me Eat Cake
Journaling: This year you were all about the cake- you were very specific. You insisted that Dad make it. It had to be this exact shade of blue. Dad went to get special dye and edible pearls to complete your 'blue cake'
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Here are some of the highlights from my 34th year. It was a busy one!
Top to bottom, Left to Right:
02. Nick's homemade rocking horse for the girls for Christmas
03. 9 months pregnant with Ellie
04. First photo of my three girls
05. Spending lots of time in the wrap (Ellie birth-8 weeks)
06. Storytime at the library
07. Trunnell family visit Valentine's Day weekend
08. Ellie smiles
09. The Great Stomach Flu of 2010
10. Dying Eggs in Elk River
11. Easter weekend in Wausau
12. My first Mother's Day as a Mom of 3
13. MN cabin weekend with just us girls
14. First Fat Tire post Ellie
15. Memorial Day weekend at the cabin
16. WooHoo Wednesday picnic at Grandma Barb's
17. Homemade Zombie doll for Nick for Father's Day
18. Backyard camping with the big girls
19. 4th of July weekend in Wahkon, MN
20. Woodchucks Game
21. Date night to celebrate Jess's birthday
22. Madison weekend for Brett & Caitlin's wedding
23. Scrapbook weekend at Tall Oaks Retreat with ScrapFreaks (plus monthly crops with the girls!)
24. Family walk to the Farmers Market and breakfast at The Mint
25. Jason Yarrington Memorial Weekend in Eau Claire
26. Bay Beach Amusement Park in Green Bay
27. After a decade as a redhead I go to my natural brown
28. After a year being unemployed I start my new job at the YWCA Wausau
29. Beef-A-Rama in Minocqua with the Mann's
30. Looking at the fall colors on Rib Mountain
31. Me & Ellie in the leaves
32. Sewing Bennet's Halloween costume
33. Chaperoning Bennet's Field Trip to School Forest
34. Surviving the day-to-day of raising 3 wonderful girls!
Friday, November 19, 2010
2. Taught a little paper bag scrapbooking class at a middle school this week for the YWCA GIRLS Club. I'll be doing it at the two other middle schools in the area as well.
3. Loved last nights episode of 'Community'. I want to build a giant blanket fort now.
4. Trying to find matching pj's for sizes 6, 4T and 18 months is tough so I'm going to sew some pj pants myself. Adds a personal little touch.
9. My friend Brett and his new bride Caitlin are coming to visit tomorrow/night. I am looking forward to seeing him and getting to know Caitlin better!
10. Starting a new book, A Secret Kept by Tatiane de Rosnay. I really enjoyed Sarah's Key so hopefully her new novel won't disappoint.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
I said that I normally don't scrap the same photo/layout for each of the girls albums. If they are in a photo together I just alternate which album I put it in. BUT- I really liked this photo. It summed up what their relationship this summer.
Journaling: The other day the two of you were playing in the living room & giggling non-stop. It made me so happy hearing you enjoying each other. It won't always be the case but I will remember the day you did.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
Scout turned 3 in early September. It was time. I'm done buying diapers for 2. About three weeks ago Nick and I decided the kid gloves were coming off- it was time for a little tough love. EVERY night after dinner she goes #2. Like clockwork.
5:25 p.m.- it begins. She strips down and sits on toilet BAWLING
(Bennet and Ellie are in the tub at this point. So all 5 of us in our tiny bathroom. Family bonding)
5:35 p.m- still BAWLING 5:45 p.m. - Bennet and Ellie out of the tub and downstairs. Away from the tears. Scout is still wimpering at this point.
6:00 p.m.- I take over for Nick. Scout and I look at pictures of kids using the potty on the iTouch.
6:30 p.m.- Scout wants me to have 'crazy hair' with funny ponytails. Everytime she toots I add a ponytail. Whatever works!
6:50 p.m.- It FINALLY happens and I actually hold back tears of joy. I didn't have to fake my excitement. She had a grin from ear-to-ear. "I did it Mommy! I did it!" I told her how proud I was of her. She said, "Me too! I'm proud too" After a quick wipe she proceeded to streak down the hall and downstairs to tell Nick, Bennet & Ellie.
6:55 p.m.- I hand her a PullUp and she says "No!" Runs into the nursery, grabs the rocking chair, moves it over to the dresser, climbs up and pulls out her Dora underwear. She's earned it!
7:00 p.m.- Celebratory ice cream with Magic Shell.
7:05 p.m.- A call to Grandma Mary Ella to share the milestone.
An hour and a half. 90 minutes of tears and negotiations it happened. Since then it had been hit or miss until last week. On Tuesday she asked to wear 'unnies' to preschool. Ok- here we go. She stayed dry all day-even through naptime-and hasn't looked back. It's a miracle!
Friday, November 12, 2010
6. Having a lunch date with Nick today. We are trying to make it a weekly thing.
7. I chaperoned Bennet on a field trip to School Forest yesterday. We had so much fun. I'm pretty sure Bennet loved having me there since she never let go of my hand.
It had been a long time since I rode a big yellow school bus. Nothing has changed.
8. One of her classmates had a shirt that said "To Hell with Cookies and Milk. Give me Jewelry and Cash" Really? I wouldn't even buy a shirt like that much less let her wear it to school.
9. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows comes out next week. I am so excited.
10. Scout has stayed dry in underwear for two full days in a row. This is a HUGE deal. Requires a separate post at some point.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
My father-in-law, Roger Sweeney, is a proud member of the U.S. Naval Academy Class of 1964. Here he is aboard the USS Tecumseh. I hope I'm not breaking any trade secrets or impairing National Security with this photo. :) Right now he is on vacation in California with my mother-in-law hanging out with several different Navy friends. 40 years later and still sharing stories.
I have to thank my Mom as well. Each year she helps organize a phenomenal Veterans Day program at Twin Lakes Elementary School where she is a Special Ed Teacher. They really include the community as well as students and families. They have a flag raising ceremony followed by a program that introduces veteran guests, and families from their school who have a loved one actively serving. Thanks Mom for volunteering your time to put together such an important program!
Thanks to all vetrans!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
TITLE: I see YouJournaling: You steal my heart. Through a simple game of peek-a-boo . . . Product: October Afternoon pp, My Mind's Eye pp, Jillibean Soup pp, American Crafts alpha and trim.
Monday, November 8, 2010
I don't what I was afraid of. I guess I was prepared to hear about all the things we needed to work on. I think I was afraid that she had inherited all of our less desirable qualities. Would she talk too much or interrupt?(I tend to interrupt). Would she forget her classmates names? (Nick's not so hot with names). Was she kissing ALL the boys or only Liam? Was she that kid?
It never occurred to me that she may have also inherited some of our most desirable qualities. That perhaps she was listening to what we've been teaching her. That she could be the girl we know and love at school as well as at home.
Her teacher told us that she was a wonderful, thoughtful and caring little girl. That Bennet looks out for classmates and makes sure they are doing ok. She said it was clear that Bennet was happy and loved school.
At this point that feedback means more to me than whether she can write her name (which she can) or can read a book unassisted (which she can't). There are so many moments of doubt when you're a parent. Am I doing it right? Am I doing enough? It makes me feel good to know that Nick and I are doing ok- maybe even great.
It reminded me of this video I saw at the beginning of the year. Katherine Center said it better than I could. I took the words from the video and used it for the journaling on my layout.
What I Would Tell Her (if I knew what to say) by Katherine Center
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Here is a project I made for Day 1. I've made this wreath in the past as gifts but I never made one for myself. Since my kitchen is a newly painted muted yellow, I thought it was time I made one for our home.
Don't be intimidated by this project. It takes around 1 hour to make from start to finish. With a wreath from the Dollar Tree is costs less than $10 to make!
I made step-by-step instructions complete with pdf download that are available at ScrapFreak. Check it out!
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Ferris Bueller said it best, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" My StoryTelling challenge to you this month is to document something happening Right Here, Right Now. Focus on something that you (or someone you love) is really into right now (drink, color, television show).
TITLE: Top Top Bottom Bottom
I have to laugh because Scout did this little thing for a couple weeks and now she hasn't done it in months. I'm glad I remembered to document it.
TITLE: Just Hit Pause (inspired by Bennet when she grabs the remote to pause a show)
Journaling:Chooses egg sandwiches for lunch everyday * Loves checking the weather on the ipod touch in the morning. “Mom- it’s moonlight out today. Wait- there is another place to double check”* Is enjoying puting on her apron for nightly “cooking lessons” with Dad* Loves playing outside & riding her big girl bike* Is developing a wee bit of a sassy, ungrateful attitude that I hope is short lived *Loves to draw her ‘fam-a-lee’*Is embracing school & wanting to read even more books*Will often get up in the morning before I do. I find her wrapped up in a blanket on the couch*Can recognize songs within one or two notes*Thinks SuperHeroes are awesome*Makes me smile when she says, “You’re the best mom ever!”* Calls the store Old Navy - Old Gravy* Helps take the garbage to the curb every week without being asked.*Loves helping clean Stoli & Jones litter boxes* Her favorite tv show is Phineas & Ferb*Prefers wearing skirts to jeans* Wants to talk on the phone to everyone who calls*Is starting to say things like, “When I’m a 5 year old. . . ”*Loads the dishwasher*Enjoys picking out Ellie’s veggie or fruit from the pantry at mealtime* Is still talk talk talk & full of questions*Loves ‘Kids Place Live’ on the satellite radio* Sincerely tells me that I’m a ‘hot hot Mama’* Sept 2010
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
2. Tuesday night Scout was in bed at 6, Ellie 6:30, Bennet 7:30. Nick & I were asleep by 8:45 p.m. Rest and recovery!
3. I'm having a hard time seeing how fast Ellie is growing up. But I love watching her personality develop.
4. Bennet has been a huge helper around the house this week when we've been dealing with sickies.
5. I'm looking forward to hanging with friends and making new ones at a crop tomorrow.
6. I have a little crush on Joel McHale. Loved him on The Soup and now on Community. Very funny show.
7. Reading "Never Let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro. So far so good.
8. Nick is going to be a chef with his friend Matt Barnes at the YWCA Wausau's Men Who Cook event in January. He's going to do great!
9. I love Starbucks Peppermint Mochas. Haven't had one yet this year. At 400 calories and 49 g of sugar in a Grande I'm not sure how many I'll be drinking this season.
10. Potty training isn't for the weak at heart. That's all I'm sayin'
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Here is my take on it.
TITLE: Such a Goof
Journaling: You are so irresistible. Your smile, those kissable cheeks. Oh how you make me laugh. You know how to work the room. Our fun, fun Ellie. 09/10 Product: October Afternoon, American Crafts, Making Memories, KI Memories, Cosmo Cricket