Wednesday, February 27, 2008
I need to tell 7 quirky or random things about myself here goes:
1. When I'm sitting on the couch I need a blanket on my lap. Even if it's 90 degrees with 100% humidity in the summertime.
2. I am a reservoir of useless information when it comes to celebrities and movie trivia. Why I couldn't remember things that would make me a millionaire is beyond me.
3. I spent a year in Japan after I graduated from high school. I say that I don't remember any Japanese but apparently I slip into it when we watch tv or ordering sushi.
4. I have a tramp stamp (Translation- lower back tattoo) that while I love turned out much bigger than I wanted. Oh well- live and learn. And live with it forever. It's my name in katakana- Japanese.
5. I literally get an adreneline rush when I buy new scrapbook supplies. I mean come on!! New papers, embellies. . . heart. . . racing. . . I giggle like a schoolgirl.
6. I secretly love 70's/dentist office music. Like a lot! Earth Wind and Fire, Doobie Brothers (The Doobie Brothers broke up? When did that happen? Leave me a comment with the answer of the movie that line is in and who said it and you'll be entered for a prize. See usless movie knowledge.) , Billy Preston, Lionel Ritchie, Bill Withers, Michael McDonald, James Ingram, Al Green, Stevie Wonder, and of course Barry Manilow.
7. If I could meet anyone dead or alive I'd tell you Katharine Hepburn or Cary Grant. Doesn't that make me distinguished? But secretly I would be equally happy meeting Colin Firth or George Clooney.
The rules are:1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.2. Share 7 random and or weird facts about yourself.3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.4. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Im tagging Carla, Jayne, Matt, Rachel, Stacey, Jess, Jen
Thanks Charity!!! Once all this snow melts we'll have to get the kids together!!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Monday, February 25, 2008
I saw this quiz on a friends blog and had to take it. Not surprised by the results. I wonder if Bennet were to take it when she was older who it would say she is like.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
B's new favorite toy. She alternates between two pair.
Monday, February 18, 2008
She'll be 6 months old in a couple weeks. Where does the time go? (Shut up Nick ;))
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Nick put Bennet's hair in pig tails yesterday morning. I seriously love this man.
The girls got me this beautiful heart shaped tower from Wine Country Gift Baskets (love them- use them!) filled with Godiva goodies. I cozied up with a mug of hot cocoa and ate them while I watched LOST last night (Side note- any LOST fans out there? Whoa nelly- what a season so far!!) The card said to please share them. Hmmm. . . who wrote out the card? Not my 2 year old. Could it be Nick's sweet tooth? I turn my back for literally 2 minutes and she's already into it. At least she has a banana first right?
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Oh some more back story for the new viewers of this blog. When I was pregnant with my first daughter Bennet in 2005 I joined an online pregnancy group called the BrrrBabies. We were all due around the same time- Dec. 21-31, 2005. We've all stayed very close and 'talk' every day. In fact, I've been able to meet nine of them in person over the last 2 years. My friend Carrie (who I went to see in KY) has a son born the same day as Bennet. And Carla (from Ontario, Canada) made the drive down to spend the weekend as well. They came to see me in Wisconsin last May so it was my turn to travel ;)
Here is Scout all packed and ready to go. 5 months old and excited for her first plane trip.
We were delayed from Central Wisconsin so Scout and I jammed out to some sweet tunes on the ipod.
The pilot of our flight to Cincy took this picture. A really nice gentleman. He just came up to us and made small talk and then offered to take the photo. Oh- gray hoodie again.
Scout had a milestone on the trip. Right after this photo was taken she rolled over and back for the 1st time. Superstar!!
Our flight home was delayed in Louisville but we made it home on time to Wisconsin. We were welcomed to subzero temps though- ick!!
I had such an awesome weekend. There is nothing like girl time. Thank you to Carrie (and family) for being such amazing hosts. Thank you to Carla for making the long drive down. And thank you to Hillary for hanging out on Sat. It was nice to finally meet you and Wilson. Love you guys!
Monday, February 11, 2008
I love how this turned out. I've always been a little timid of glitter- but now I'm hooked! The scan doesn't show it very well but there is glitter on the chipboard flourish and underneath the ghost letters in 'Snow'
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
In the last month she's started to 'talk' more which is so fun. When she wakes up from a nap you can hear her having a little party in her crib. Just squealing away.
She's starting to enjoy her exersaucer too. And man does she like to stand. She will stand on your lap for ages. She has been banned from the bouncy seat because she prefers to sit up in it. She'll literally do sit ups. Humorous, yes, but she doesn't need 6 pack abs right now :)
Here she is giving her best Dr. Evil impression. One MILLION dollars.
Her eyes have been looking so blue lately.
Monday, February 4, 2008
Bennet was kind of freaked out by the whole experience. So to make her embrace the bowl she put some kitty cat and Star Wars stickers on it. Somehow having Darth Vader and Chewbacca('Bacca' as she says) embellies makes it a little easier.
Can you say bleach water and Clorox wipes? If I never do another load of laundry of soiled, gag inducing pajamas/sheets it will be too soon.
Here is a photo that encapsulates the weekend. Bennet with her blanket, pedilyte, Stoli kitty, Sick Bowl, towel and remote. Oh and Cheetos. Yes- stellar parenting there. But at that point if she wanted to eat a banana split with triple chocolate and a Coke I would have let her.
Tomorrow is Tuesday. Let's hope it is TERRIFIC!!