Friday, December 21, 2007
Here is a video of photos from her 2nd year.
Bennet Leona- Your Second Year
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Monday, December 17, 2007
Last week I came home for lunch to see the Dish Network truck in our driveway. No more bunny ears "There? No to the left. There? Nope- a little to the right". No more static. No more wondering how beautiful Patrick Dempsey really is. No more "Honey- move to the other side of the couch and see if it comes in better".
I am so excited. It is so crisp and clear. And I must say- this whole dvr thing is the coolest thing EVER! I'm just giddy! You can pause live tv! And I can watch Grey's and tape the Office and Scrubs.
We were still taping shows on the vcr. Although the only one that worked was in the bedroom. But the tape wouldn't come out so you had to watch it in there. The vcr in the living room had a tape that would eject but when you recorded something on it all the dialouge sounded like it was spoken by the Chipmunks.
Thank you Nick! I know I was hesitant to take the plunge but it really is soooooo cool! I love it!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
She has really become a smiley, giggly baby in the last month. Seeing her respond to our voices is so cool. You'll see her look around the room for Bennet or Jones. And she LOVES to be nekked. (Great- I hope she outgrows that by puberty ;)) Whenever we change her diaper she'll just look at us and get a big grin on her face. During bathtime she just sits there and coos. I swear she could soak for hours if I let her.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
We went to Newby's Farm to pick out our tree. It was coooo-ld outside this weekend. What do you expect? It's December in Wisconsin right?
We went first thing Saturday morning to try and beat the impending snow storm. Bennet just ran and ran, tripped over a stump or two and then ran some more.
Since it was my idea, I cut the tree. I'll admit it, it was a little workout chopping that sucker down. Nick did the manly thing and helped haul it out of the woods. That's Scout in her car seat all bundled up. Our blog topper shows her cute winter sweater coverall.
Just as we were riding the hay wagon back to the shed it started to snow. Once it started it didn't stop until the wee hours of Sunday.A couple of hours later this was the scene. We got 8-10" inches on Saturday afternoon/night. Bennet LOVES the snow. I couldn't get her snow pants on fast enough. When we shoveled and snow blowed on Sunday she kept running through the spray like a sprinkler. Crazy kid.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
I am continually amazed at how many people get up at the butt crack of dawn for a deal. Count me in that crazy group I guess. We were done at Best Buy by 5:20 a.m. We stopped at Old Navy too and then went home.
Nick's Dad is part of a group called the Bachelors & Benedicts. From what I understand it's basically a group of guys that get together once a month for dinner and have drinks and cigars. It's a brotherhood of sorts. Sounds like my kind of group!
Every other year they throw a big black tie gala at the Grand Theatre downtown. They have several different rooms set up with music. A Rock-n-Roll band, string/piano combo and a pop vocalist. Someone told me there was close to 500 people there last night. Then at 11 p.m. they serve breakfast. Nick's convinced that that idea came from someone who had too much to drink one year and wished they had stopped at Perkins/Denny's for some breakfast before heading home. :)
Nick and me
We had such a good time. Delicious food, crisp cold drinks, hot music, family and friends- simply a perfect celebration. Thanks again to mom & dad Sweeney for a memorable evening!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
- Adult: Nick- he continues to make me laugh on a daily basis. Sometimes at him, but more often with him
- Toddler: Bennet- My favorite time of day is when I come home from work and she runs out of Nick's office shouting "Mama, mama". Melt my heart.
- Baby: Scout- She is such a happy little person. She makes 3 a.m. feel like noon to me. I just want to soak her up!
- Animal: Stoli and Jones- Especially when Stoli wants kisses or Jones wants to lounge with me.
- Place: The cabin- I'm looking forward to spending long weekends there in 2008!
- TV Shows: How I Met Your Mother, CBS Sunday Morning, The Office, Scrubs and Grey's Anatomy top the list.
- Music: I'm on a total country trip lately. Rascal Flatts, Sugarland, Keith Urban and Carrie Underwear (I mean Underwood)
- Hobby: Scrapbooking- All of it. My online friends, the photos, the products, the layouts, my cool new scrapspace. But most importantly the way I feel when I'm doing it.
- Day of the week: Saturday- b/c mail call brings the new Entertainment Weekly.
- Fattening Treat: Point Black Cherry Cream Soda and vanilla ice cream floats. Sooooooo good!
- Color: Still red, but I've been on a brown kick lately.
- Adult Drink: still a good glass of red wine or ice cold beer, but lately I've been loving a Vodka with that new Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash
- Phrase: "Just a Moment" I seem to be saying that alot lately.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Scout has really started to love her swing lately. She just oohs and ahhs at it. She also sticks her tongue out ALL the time. It's comical.
A new favorite photo of Nick and Scout. She has started to just love her daddy. Who wouldn't right?
Sunday, November 4, 2007
The most asked question has to be "So, how is it with 2 kids?" The answer- Wonderful. Of course it's an adjustment, but we can't remember life before there were 2. It just seems normal. You find a way to juggle things. Scout is a pretty laid back baby which helps alot. And Bennet has really taken to her for the most part. Like any toddler she has those days where she is jealous and only wants mom/dad, but that's to be expected.