Friday, February 27, 2009
2. Whenever I hear "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves I think of my sister Megan doing a somersault and whacking her head on the stone hearth.
3. I wish 2009 didn't start off as bad as it did. I have faith that March will turn things around.
4. Nick's makeshift stir fry was the last thing I ate that was utterly delicious.
5. To live in this world is lucky.
6. Other than this one, Stephanie's is the last blog I commented on.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to chillin' like a villian, tomorrow my plans include the regular- laundry, grocery, movies, nap, scrap and Sunday, I want to sleep in!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Wednesday's are an interesting day around our house. I'm usually on the road in Eau Claire for the day and it's the one day of the week that both girls are home with Nick. It's total chaos.
Back in December I came home one Wednesday to find Nick showing me this photo on the camera. It was as if he thought I didn't believe how crazy it got. Oh- I believe. I always believe.
I did this layout for the ScrapFreak Freaky Friday Storytelling Challenge - Little Moments
JOURNALING: This is a typical Wednesday at our house. It's the one day a week that both Bennet & Scout are home with Dad. By the time i get home the living room is cashed. Pillows thrown off the couch, toys tossed up and down the hallway, crushed snacks in the carpet & one Dad whose patiends is wearing thin. If we can survive can survive a Wednesday with two crazy kids we can survive anything. December 2008 Don't forget to sign up for your chance to participate in the Handmade Ambush. It's open through tonight.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
I went to get the blankets, sheets and friends out of the dryer and this is what I found. Little daredevil baby got her leg stuck in the groove and was going for a ride.
I must need a vacation because this totally made me laugh. So much so that I called Nick upstairs to see.
Monday, February 23, 2009
The deal: I will draw 5 random people who comment on this post and they will receive something made by me. To you! It will be my choice and made especially for you. Leave your comment here before 11:59 pm EST Wednesday. Just so we’re on the same page, here are the rules.
The details: No guarantees you will feel absolute true love, but possibly happiness, fervor, or chocolate. What I create will be just for you. It will be done sometime this year. You have no clue what it will be… it may be a story. Maybe poetry. I may sew something. It will most likely be a wicked mix CD or a crazy vintage/retro photo frame. But I may bake something and mail it to you. Who knows? Not you! That’s for sure. I reserve the right to do something extremely kooky.
The fine print (which is actually the same size, but whatever): If you are chosen, you must re-post this on your blog and offer the same to 5 people who do the same on their blog. When you get your lovely homemade goods from me, post a picture on your blog so I know my love arrived without a hitch.
Before you type in your name I think that you should know a few things.
#1. Do I care if you actually follow the rules? No...but Karma will.
#2. Do I care if we know each other? No, but you will be subject to my taste!
#3. I love this idea. Thanks for keeping it moving forward Emilie!
Friday, February 20, 2009
2. Turn off the light when you're done, please?
3. If I thought you would babysit my kids for a couple days I'd take off to NYC with Nick for an adult getaway!
4. An infectious laugh and good heart is what I think of most when I think of Nick.
5. A good nights sleep and coffee give me strength.
6. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to scrapping with Jess, Casie and Kim at my house, tomorrow my plans include a birthday party for my niece Meghan and Sunday, I want to watch the Oscars!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Scout has a halo :)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
I know this is a really simple layout but I'm 100% ok with that. I wanted the focus to be on the photo. Doesn't the photo just make you go "aaahhhh!" I handstitched the 'Sunshine' and the little sun on the left. JOURNALING: This moment captures everything I feel in my heart. 08 I just loved this series of photos that I couldn't pick just one. I painted the scalloped chipboard and added stickles but the sparkles didn't scan very well.
JOURNALING: These photos will be timeless. When you are all grown up and don't need me everyday I will see these photos and remember my sweet girls laughing together and simply loving their sister. 1/09
Monday, February 16, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Last year I started a 'year in review album' so this challenge was perfect for me. This is a 2 page 8 1/2 x 11 layout. I asked my family members a list of questions and the answers revolved around the past year. Ok- I answered for Scout :) Our favorite movie, song, memory, toy, etc.
There is a new challenge running to Feb. so check it out!
Friday, February 13, 2009
2. Can you let me sleep past 7 in the morning? Just once?
3. The color Red makes me want to buy it!
4. I have a craving for french fries. I always have a craving for french fries.
5. If my life had a pause button, I'd pause it last night. It was so nice seeing old friends.
6.Eyes are the thing I notice second about people. Their smile is always first.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching the shows we DVR'd last night, tomorrow my plans include a nice dinner at home with Nick and the girls and Sunday, I want to do something outside (weather permitting)!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Another project I made for Scrap4Life with the Cosmo Cricket Chemistry line. I made this floating frame as a Valentine's Day gift. It was so much fun!! I was inspired by a frame that Shannon at ScrapFreak made.
Kohl's sells frames with two pieces of glass for $10. Can't beat that!
Cosmo Cricket Chemistry patterned paper
Cosmo Cricket Chemistry stickers
Heidi Grace heart stick pins
American Crafts ribbon
Thread (I handstitched along the scallops. It's hard to see)
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Scene: Bennet’s eating cereal as she wishes her Mom well for the day. Scout is in the high chair smearing yogurt on her face with a spoon.
(I have interpreted Bennet’s “speak”)
Bennet: Stay away from the bad guys mom…
Me(K): You want me to stay away from the bad guys?
B: Yeah… No bad guys near the car.
K: Ok. I won’t let them near the car.
B: Yeah… *words words words* bad guys – stay away – no near the car. They come near the car, no, no, no.
K: Ok I will.
B: If bad guys near car you shoot em.
K: You want Dad to shoot the bad guys?
B: No. YOU shoot em.
K: Ok B, I will. Bye –
B: Those bad guys won’t survive.
Somedays it is adundantly clear that she is Nick's daughter too. He was so proud.
There is always a silver lining no matter how gray the cloud.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Now I get to tag 6 people:
The first 6 people who view this- TAG- you're it!!
Friday, February 6, 2009
1. I'd really like a time machine right now.
2. MotherPussbucket is the word you'd most often hear me say if I stubbed my toe.
3. Possession is a great Sarah McLachlan song.
4. Captain Morgan makes me happier than Captain Jack Sparrow.
5. Marshmallows and fire go together like my tushie and the couch.
6. And the beat goes on and on.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to seeing my parents and Megan , tomorrow my plans include throwing a rock star shower for Katie and Sunday, I want to be home from MN by 6 p.m.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Head on over to the S4L Shoppe...Jodie still has some of those cute adorable cigar boxes by Cosmo Cricket! And best thing yet, they have been reduced30%!!!
In addition, Cosmo Cricket was featured in our S4L December Kit! If you haven't picked your December Kit, we still have several left!
And...Cosmo Cricket is sponsoring the February Contest!!! All entries are due February 28th!! Check out all the details here!
A layout focused on my dear friend Carla. Last year was challenging for her but I want her to know how much I believe in her and how much I just love her. On my cards. I used the cover/content sheet that comes with the Cosmo Cricket Craft kit and punched little hearts and squares out. Perfect size for cards without having to cut into a 12 x 12 piece of paper. I have rediscovered my punches lately and I'm having so much fun! I cut the letters using my Cricut and Sure-Cuts-Alot program.
Monday, February 2, 2009
I got a couple layouts done. This is a really simple one of Scout. I wanted to use the patterned paper b/c it matched her pj's perfectly so I just layered the backets. I used some blue thread and embellies to pull out Scout's eyes. I didn't have a 's' or 'e' so I used the negative sticker from the sheet.
A tremor in the Force :) Jess let me use some of her orange stickles for a little glittery punch but they didn't transfer in the scan very well. I actually used orange eyelets on this one. I'm livin' on the edge people.