Friday, October 30, 2009
2. ___________ so I offered to take the books myself. (I've got nothing)
3. Rushing out, I got halfway to the store and realized I had my slippers on.
4. Is that Jacob from La Push?...I think I heard a howl!
5. Shhhh... Bennet and Scout it's time to stop talking and go to sleep. Don't make me go Nanny Jo on you!
6. Hello- I'm pregnant- give me something good to eat!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to renting a movie and scrapping, tomorrow my plans include trick or treating and Sunday, I want to rake leaves for pick up next week!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Here is the Girls Room tonight.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
We went to Bent's Camp for Friday Night Fish Fry. The girls got a little slots in before dinner. We woke up Saturday morning without power. In addition to the lack of power there was also 4-5 inches of fresh snow on the ground. The snow took out the power. Luckily the cabin ran on natural gas so we lit some candles and made the best of it. I think all the adults were craving coffee though. The power came back around 8:40 a.m. and our first step was coffee :)
Friday, October 23, 2009
2. Come out come out wherever you are.
3. I want to get far away from the people who cough and hack openly in public. As my Dad would say, "Were you born in a barn?"
4. Michael Jackson and the Balloon Boy NOT being covered in the media; this was a dream.
5. But as for me I cannot wait for this holiday season. The girls are at such a fun age.
6. Elk River, MN is where I come from
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to having fish fry at Bent's Camp with the Mann's, tomorrow my plans include spending the day at the cabin with Mann's and carving pumpkins and Sunday, I want to get ready for the upcoming week!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Live, Laugh, Play
This one used a sketch from the Sketchy Thursday blog. Photos of B throwing leaves.
Journaling: Who needs fancy toys when you have a yard filled with fresh, colorful fall leaves? Start Young
Another one from Sketchy Thursday. Photos are from last Feb. when I caught Bennet reading my Creating Keepsakes while on the potty. Classic. I did this for a challenge over at Citrus Tree Studio too.
Journaling: I think it's genetic. Busting you brushing up on the latest styles made me smile. Soon we will both be dogearing pages.
Sketch from Citrus Tree Studio for their monthly challenge.
Journaling: Your hair was getting a bit out of control so it was time for a snip. You were a total wiggle worm but still came out with a cute little bob. You look like a whole new kid. Aug 09
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Me-"Let's go to the store ok?"
B- "Is Dad coming with us?"
Me- "Nope. He has to work. He brings home the bacon"
B- "Oh that's good. Daddy really likes bacon"
B- "Whatcha doin'" Exactly like Isabella from Phineas & Ferb. Yes- she's a big fan. She's also started saying, "Don't you have a job?!?" from the show.
She is very excited about the impending changes to her room. Within the next two weeks she'll be getting carpet and a new bunk bed which means Scout is moving in. She can't wait for the bunk beds and is actually excited about sharing a room.
She's been talking about her cousin Molly Jo alot. She wants to see how big she's gotten and whether or not she can talk yet. I told her she couldn't talk yet but she wants to see for herself.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Journaling: H1N1 is also known as the Swine Flu. In the past year it has become a very hot, relevant flu strain. Since I’m pregnant it puts me at greater risk of complications if I were to acquire the virus. Pregnant women are 4 times more likely to be hospitalized from the virus. The decision to get the vaccine has become a hot topic. Many people feel the vaccine isn’t ready or safe. Other people,including my O/B and the CDC highly recommend getting it. I did alot of research on both sides. I talked it over with your Dad. I wanted to make sure I made the best informed decision for your health and mine. Since my next appt isn’t for 3 more weeks I called Dr. Connelly this morning to discuss it with him. When the nurse called me back she told me that she was just about to call me. The vaccine just became available at my Dr’s office yesterday. They didn’t want me waiting until my next appointment to get the vaccine. Since there are so many current cases of H1N1 they want me in right away. So this afternoon I went to the clinic, rolled up my sleeve and got the H1N1 vaccine. I came to the conclusion that I couldn’t live with myself if something happened to us that I could have prevented. 10/16/09
2. An open road with endless possibilities is what's up ahead.
3. I love to eat my french fries with hot mustard sauce.
4. I could use a haircut of some sort. Any sort.
5. I walk a fine line between organized and organized chaos.
6. Laughter is the true elixir of life!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching a movie with Nick, tomorrow my plans include chillin' with the girls and Sunday, I want to get to the patch!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I made this layout for the Ad Challenge at Citrus Tree Studio.
I used three different types of white letter stickers for the title on the left side of the photo.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Friday, October 9, 2009
2. Sometimes maintaining my temper and sympathy is difficult, especially for me.
3. Silliness abounds at this house. Both girls actually ask for tickles.
4. I'm hoping to not eat ALL the kids candy this Halloween.
5. Outstanding or not I don't understand Lady Gaga.
6. An ice cold real beer (a tall one) is what I want right now!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to a crop with a friend, tomorrow my plans include I have no plans and Sunday, I want to make a nice meal for my family!
Thursday, October 8, 2009
JOURNALING: This photo was taken the last time I saw my Grandma before she passed. It is so dear to me because it captures my Grandparents perfectly. Still holding hands after 69 years. Grandpa Bud in his Legion jacket and constant band aid. Grandma Leona with her constant nail polish. Usually pink. That familiar, everyday gesture to show how much they care. Christmas Eve 2008
Monday, October 5, 2009
Bennet has been really inquisitive about this pregnancy so I took her with me. She says she's having a baby too. Mine is a boy baby and hers is a girl baby. Um. . . we'll see.
Photo from last Friday (22w3d)
She wanted to know what everything was. "What are these?" Me- "Those are special q-tips". While looking at a gestational growth poster, B- "Look at all these babies. This one is your baby and this one is my baby". Hers was smaller than mine. Me- "Is that why your belly is so small and mine is big?" B- "Yep!"
I'm pretty sure she has my chin.
She meandered over to the part of the wall designated for the sticker roll only to find it empty. B- "Mom, where are the stickers?" Me- "Mommies don't get stickers" B- "Why?" Me- "Good question."
Sunday, October 4, 2009
It's also given me a boost to use some of the things I've been sitting on. You'll notice some older product in these two layouts. I lifted the design for this from the American Crafts blog.
I did some doodling on this layout too for the ScrapFreak challenge. Doodling is not my strong suit so I just dipped my toes in on this one.
Journaling: I tell you everyday how much I love you but I want you to remember this too. You are so uniquely you. You just make us all so happy. The way you laugh and giggle is infectious. This summer you did alot of growing up. Your imagination took you to new places. Your vocabulary was off the charts- enough said. You wanted to hang out with me which is a good thing. I know it could be fleeting. I want your childhood to be fun, carefree, fresh and funky because life really is too short. As long as you follow your heart you will never go wrong.
I am just loving gray & yellow lately. I used Sketchy Thursday 10/1 sketch for this. They have really great sketches- check them out!
I had done alot of 'item/favorites' layouts for Bennet and realized I haven't done as many for Scout. This shows her favorite things at age 2.
Product:Jenni Bowlin mini rub ons (aren't these fun?), American Craft Thickers, K & Co paper, Cosmo Cricket Paper, Scenic Route Paper
Journaling: You are a shoe girl. Flip flops, crocs and Chucks. You always rush to put them on. *You love to curl up in a lap with a book. You even want to sleep with them. * Your all time faves. Blankie, Rhino & babies. You are rarely seen without them.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
She has VERY reasonable rates and a free sitting for your first session. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a session. Holiday cards perhaps?
Scout wasn't in the best of moods this day but she was still able to capture her personality. Here are some of our favorites.
Friday, October 2, 2009
2. The ability to knit is something I wish I knew how to do. But I don't need another hobby.
3. I'm eating at the Mint for lunch today with my old co-worker Julie. Can't wait!!
4. Good music that makes me want to sing is essential on the road.
5. So that's it, that's the million dollar question. Is there really a Disney vault and if so where is it?
6. Sometimes something is better than nothing! Sometimes not :)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching Coraline for family movie night, tomorrow my plans include heading to Tomahawk for Macey's 6th birthday party and Sunday, I want to enjoy a cup of coffee, watch CBS Sunday Morning and spend the day together as a family!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
JOURNALING: Once we hit the 6 week mark things really slowed down. Most nights I was in bed by 9:30 at the latest. Everyday at 4 p.m. the nausea hits in full force & doesn't let up until morning. It's worth it, but not fun. I can hardly believe that it's (Almost Time for- adjustable waist) pants. I really popped early this time.