Sunday, October 4, 2009

Using what I have

My local scrapbook store, Scrapbook Studio LLC, is having a Trash to Treasure sale this coming weekend (Sat 10/10 and Tues. 10/14). It's the chance to sell unwanted or gently used scrapbook goodies. A perfect event for those people just starting out. I have been going through my supply- binge and purge. I have 3 boxes of stuff ready to sell!

It's also given me a boost to use some of the things I've been sitting on. You'll notice some older product in these two layouts. I lifted the design for this from the American Crafts blog.

I did some doodling on this layout too for the ScrapFreak challenge. Doodling is not my strong suit so I just dipped my toes in on this one.

Journaling: I tell you everyday how much I love you but I want you to remember this too. You are so uniquely you. You just make us all so happy. The way you laugh and giggle is infectious. This summer you did alot of growing up. Your imagination took you to new places. Your vocabulary was off the charts- enough said. You wanted to hang out with me which is a good thing. I know it could be fleeting. I want your childhood to be fun, carefree, fresh and funky because life really is too short. As long as you follow your heart you will never go wrong.
I am just loving gray & yellow lately. I used Sketchy Thursday 10/1 sketch for this. They have really great sketches- check them out!

I had done alot of 'item/favorites' layouts for Bennet and realized I haven't done as many for Scout. This shows her favorite things at age 2.

Product:Jenni Bowlin mini rub ons (aren't these fun?), American Craft Thickers, K & Co paper, Cosmo Cricket Paper, Scenic Route Paper

Journaling: You are a shoe girl. Flip flops, crocs and Chucks. You always rush to put them on. *You love to curl up in a lap with a book. You even want to sleep with them. * Your all time faves. Blankie, Rhino & babies. You are rarely seen without them.

2 comments:

mustangkayla said...

Good luck at the sale! I love how you journaled on the first layout! Very cool! The second layout os fantastic too! I love how you documented some of your girls favorite things! Such a great idea!

Becky said...

You always inspire me! These are stunning!
Thanks for the link to the sketchy blog. I haven't seen that one before!