Sunday, October 31, 2010
Friday, October 29, 2010
2. Read 'The Mountain Between Us' by Charles Martin. It was so so. Kind of predictable. Nick is still reading The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
3. Thinking of re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows before the movie comes out on 11/19.
4. On Wednesday I chaperoned the YWCA GIRLS Club Beauty Night at the State College of Beauty Culture. I brought Bennet with me to help set up the food/etc. She did such a great job that she got her hair all curly.
6. My parents are coming to visit tomorrow. We can't wait!
7. If Grey's Anatomy doesn't end the stupid 'Christina Yang has post traumatic stress disorder and can't cut people' storyline I'm going to jump ship. I'm not a fan of her character to begin with.
8. I put our flannel sheets on our bed. It makes it a little tougher to get out of bed in the morning but they sure are wonderful to sleep on!
9. Is starting to think about Christmas shopping but not doing anything about it.
10. November 2 is a big day. Election Day (can't wait for it to be over), my brother-in-law Matt's birthday and it's Mike Trunnell Day (that's my dad!)
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Journaling:Your smile is like sunshine on my heart I raided my scrap pile and went a little nuts rolling them into little tubes. I handstitched the yellow circle.
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
- Has one tooth on the bottom.
- Starting to eat table food. She LOVES scrambled eggs, noodles and bread.
- Started pulling herself up in her crib. She loves to stand.
- Won't respond to Nick if he calls her Ellie. Only when he calls her Eleanor.
- LOVES the kitties- especially Stoli. She will crawl with lightning speed to get to them.
- Had her first real cold- croup.
- Wearing 18 month clothes and size 4 diaper
- Weighed 22 lbs. 8 oz. at her sick visit a couple of weeks ago.
- Won't take a bottle at daycare so we're using sippy cups.
Monday, October 25, 2010
TITLE: Hey Good Lookin' Watcha Got Cookin'
Journaling: Right now you ask for a cooking lesson every night at dinnertime. You want to help with every step- very hands on. Always alot of questions but always so proud that you helped. Sept. 2010
Design Notes: I used the menu board embellie as part of my title. I just used a regular white pen and went over it twice. I did test my pen underneath the felt flower before I wrote the words. The kraft background is actually thin chipboard that came with some photos I ordered. Want not waste not.
TITLE: Sing Love Smile (took the title from her shirt)
Journaling: I hope you never stop climbing. When you take a chance good things can happen. 04/10
Design Notes: Before I adhered the paper to the doilies I cut out the center of the transparency so that I could use them someplace else. No use in wasting the goodness right?
TITLE: Break Time
Design Notes: I found the envelope template online. Added some stickles to simulate steam. Add a single serve coffee, tea of cocoa for a perfect little gift.
Friday, October 22, 2010
What's it going to do to you?
Spider web, moldy bread, mucky mud
Get the broth started with cardstock
While it starts to bubble add 1 photo
Add one pinch of ear wax, another sprinkle of belly button fluff and one spider’s leg (3 different patterned papers for you non-witches)
Stir them in my witches’ brew
Count out loud 1, 2, 3 Mix in a 3 word title.
Essesential elements for the concoction finger nails, lunch pails and apple cores (7 embellishments)
Stir them in my witches’ brew
Grab your wooden broom and stir it up with journaling.
Taste if you DARE!
This witches non-spooky sample
2. Reading The Scent of Rain and Lightning by Nancy Pickard. Nick is reading The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
3. I repainted the kitchen last weekend. We went with Gold Buff and it's the exact yellow I was going for the first time around. Nice and warm. You can see how loud the first yellow was compared to the second.
4. Nick was our Handy Manny last weekend. Installed two sets of track lighting downstairs and new lamps in the kitchen. The downstairs looks like a whole new room. The lights in the kitchen highlight our new paint perfectly.
5. Bennet was afraid he was going to get Electrocated. He only zapped himself once.
6. I'm going to an all-night crop tonight at my friend Kim's church. I CANNOT WAIT!
7. Recently watched Shutter Island (ok- I fell asleep. But Nick said it was predictable) and The Katate Kid. I liked The Karate Kid but had to giggle that it took place in China and revolved around Kung Fu. No karate at all.
8. On two separate occasions both Bennet and Scout fell asleep on me this week while snuggling on the couch. I will miss that someday.
9. I think I've inherited my mother's dislike of laundry and grocery shopping. Two things that HAVE to be done but two things I always put off.
10. Did you know that Coffeemate makes Peppermint Mocha creamer year round now? Score.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Of course they each have something unique that makes them who they are but there is no denying that they are sisters. I thought my family would get a kick out of trying to guess what kid is in each photo.
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
I did some fussy cutting with the patterned paper and then used it as a stencil. I handstitched the red kite shaped elements.
TITLE: You Are
Journaling: Hold onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.
Product: October Afternoon, American Crafts, thread
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
Ellie is a thumbsucker and I wanted to make sure I got that trait on paper. Super quick layout but I really like it.
TITLE: plugged in
Journaling: You and your thumb just click. Your built in source of comfort. 09/10 Supplies: October Afternoon paper, Basic Grey chipboard, May Arts Natural Crochet Trim, Making Memories Vintage Findings - Mini Blossoms, flower, Cosmo Cricket alpha
Friday, October 8, 2010
2. We went to an Ice Cream Social at Bennet's school the other night. It turns out that she is quite the social butterfly. On two separate occasions there were two little girls who pulled on their parents sleeves and said, "Mom, Dad- there's Bennet" and came to give her a hug. I asked Bennet what their names were and she said, "I don't know Mom". She must have Nick's inability to remember names unlike my ability to remember all sorts of random dates/names.
3. We painted the kitchen last weekend. Mellow Yellow. It's supposed to be a buttercream yellow. Not so much- it looks like Big Bird threw up. Trying a new color.
4. Halloween costumes have been chosen. Bennet will be SuperGirl (I need to start sewing), Scout is a purple fairy and Ellie will be Princess Leia.
5. Scout wants to do EVERYTHING by herself. I love the independence but it's frustrating at the same time.
6. Nick is up to his elbows in work. Way to go!!
7. Reading The Thirteen Tale by Diane Setterfield. Nick is re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
8. Wants Katy Perry to take a radio break. If I hear California Girls or Teenage Dream one more time I may lose it.
9. Has all kinds of holiday projects in my head. Wonder if I'll get them done.
10. Plans on relaxing with a glass of red wine tonight.
11. I am missing my family a little bit. But my sister, BIL and niece are coming to visit next month. I can wait that long.
12. If you're not watching Cougar Town (horribly misnamed) (ABC Wednesday night following Modern Family) you should start. It's really funny.
Thursday, October 7, 2010
TITLE: I am Thankful
Journaling: Taken from this blog post.
Product: Hambly, Jenni Bowlin, October Afternoon
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
This layout came together so quickly. I think it was 30 minutes from start to finish. I love when that happens. I had the chance to play along with the Fall Crop at Inspired to Scrap last weekend. This was part of their recipe challenge.
Title: Click take a Pic
Journaling: Our first photo booth adventure with Ellie. The 4 of us in a smalle space was tricky but so worth it. 06/10
Products: Bella Blvd paper, Jillibean Soup paper, American Crafts alpha, Cosmo Cricket alpha, eyelets, Bella Blvd. chipboard,
Monday, October 4, 2010
Sunday, October 3, 2010
To this. . .
When I last posted I had photos through Wednesday morning. I woke up Thursday morning. When I got in the shower the cocoon was still black. Not more than 5 minutes later Tulip JoJoe's was making her debut.
I had so much fun watching the process of caterpillar to butterfly. I can't wait to do it again next year.
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Friday, October 1, 2010
I was feeling a little overwhelmed juggling the start of my new job, house, husband and three kids. Then I realized that I can do this. I’m a multitasking, go-go-go, try anything type of person. I might as well embrace it.
Nick took this photo of me this summer. I was doing a childrens obstacle course at a picnic up north. The last photos in this series would show that I fell flat on my backside.
TITLE: Dare to Fall
Journaling: I don't know when I became a 'try anything once' girl. I figure life is too short to not embrace the opportunites that it presents- even the crazy ones. I view life like a puzzle. Not something to be completed, but something that is made up of little pieces. I am a firm believer that we are made up of all the pieces. Those pieces that make our heart soar. The pieces that break our heart. Those corner pieces that are held by those people dearest to us. The ones in the middle that hold memories that make you laugh until you cry. I am not fearless. I am human. I know I may make a poor decision. But no regrets because I still