Monday, August 31, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Obviously this is the story of how we told my family about the impending arrival of baby #3. product: Cosmo Cricket Early Bird paper, Cosmo Cricket Celebrate Life sticker border, Scenic Route chipboard alpha, Heidi Grace metal flower, ribbon and brads.
I took the journaling right from our blog.
JOURNALING: We hadn't told anyone about you. We wanted to share the news with my family in person when we were in MN over the 4th of July. I had the not-so-original idea to make Scout a 'Middle Kid' t-shirt to wear. I told Nick my idea. I was envisioning a simple circle with a thin black outline, spring green interior and 'the middle kid' in a classic font. His response, "No, no, no you have to do. . . " and I honestly tuned out at that point because I knew he was going to come up with something fantastic.
Your Dad is so talented. I mean come on!! How perfect is this? It was better than I could have imagined. Bennet with the ever present BandAid on her leg. Stoli & Jones in the background. Our Team Sweeney flag. And of course our pigtailed girl Scout in the middle.
We put the shirt on Scout at Matt & Katie's house once Megan and Gregg arrived. Katie honed in on it right away. Her response, "Megan- Ha! I told you!" followed quickly by "Congratulations!" When my parents arrived they were just excited to see the kids (and us) that they really didn't tune in. They didn't tune in once we got out of the car to walk to Market Fest. Or when we got to Market Fest. Nick casually straightened Scout's shirt out and then the lightbulb went off.
Friday, August 28, 2009
2.Our anniversary and Scout's birthday is what I look forward to most this time of year. (and then the leaves change!!!)
3. My best friend is Nick.
4. I will always be honest with you.
5. Appearances can be deceiving AND true
6. The last person I gave a hug to was Bennet
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to girls weekend with B & Scout tomorrow my plans include setting up a tent downstairs since it's supposed to be 56 degrees outside and Sunday, I want to do a whole lotta nothing!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Monday, August 24, 2009
Craft time. The girls made candy bracelets.
She is 'so big!'
Saturday the weather cooperated enough for us to fish a little bit and spend some time on the lake.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Friday, August 21, 2009
1. Dancing to the music while spinning around with Scout makes me giggle.
2. The last time I went through the mismatched sock basket I nearly lost it.
3. When I drive I tend to brake suddenly. Not a good habit.
4. I saw a little calico kitty cat (stray) sitting in our windowsill the other day in the backyard. CUTE!
5. Give me laughter, give me comfy pjs, give me beer and you'll see me content .
6. Next week I am looking forward to getting the girls hair cut.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to taking the pontoon to Bent's Camp for Friday Night Fish Fry, tomorrow my plans include swimming with my Mom and the girls and Sunday, I want to have a traffic free drive home!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Last night was a mellow WooHoo Wednesday. It was chilly and rainy.
We have a stray black and white cat living in our backyard. It was laying under the sandbox around 6 p.m. and was still there when I went to bed. Trying to stay out of the rain. It looks a little like Stoli which is very confusing to Bennet.
After some technical difficulties we were able to use Skype with Matt, Katie and Molly. Unfortunately I did something to Nick's laptop and now he has a bad virus. I suck. Anyways- back to Skype. Matt took this screen capture. Not the most flattering picture with my hat hair and bunched up shirt, but what do I care? :)
I think Skype is the coolest thing ever. It's free, it's easy and it's alot of fun. As we were saying goodbye last night Scout leaned in a kissed the screen (Matt/Katie/Molly) good night. So cute! As we were talking little Molly just drifted off to sleep. She is such a cute baby. Wish I could reach through the screen and give her a squeeze!
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Supplies: American Crafts alphabets, Scenic Route heart chipboard, October Afternoon patterned paper
Saturday, August 15, 2009
I think Paul Rudd is wonderful so I enjoyed 'I Love You Man'. A nice little bromance if you will. And RUSH really is a great band so the music was a plus.
On the suggestion of our neighbor Charity we checked out a new park in Weston.
There were two other kids playing at the park. At one point the Mom asked me how old Bennet was. I told her, "She'll be 4 in December". She replied, "Oh- both Sarah and David have Dec. birthdays. David will be 4 too". I said, "Yeah- poor girl has hers on Dec. 21" "No way- David too"So long story short we figured out that after Dr. Abadeer stitched me up at St Clare's around 3 a.m. he hauled himself over to Aspirus to deliver David. I vaguely remember him saying something about having to go deliver one more (it was his last night after 30+ years). Small world eh?
Do you think I got her name so I could send David a card every year? Nope. That would have been too smart.
Around dinner time I hear the girls running down the hallway followed by simultaneous crying. Not the wah-wah kind but the 'I broke a bone kind'. I look down the hallway to see our 6 ft tall x 3 ft. wide hall mirror shattered. A point of contact and then it cracked out from there. Apparently Bennet pushed Scout as she was making the corner to her room and Scout's head ran into the mirror. We're talking an industrial width mirror here. No blood, no goose egg, just alot of tears, hugs and "I'm sorry I broke the mirror Mom and sory I pushed Scout' from Bennet. Now we're staring at a 1970's mint green section of wall.
Sunday- things happen in threes. Number two on the list was Scout breaking the one oscillating fan we have. We are dealing with some water issues in the basement and need all the circulation we can get. Number three on the list is a fried DVR hard drive. All our taped shows are gone including all those wonderful cartoons that keep the girls motionless while we're cooking dinner. I'm bummed.
So- tomorrow is a new day. A new week. Please- for the love of all that is decent and holy- let it be a little less chaotic than this weekend.
Friday, August 14, 2009
2. Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society was the last good book I read or movie I saw or tv show I watched.
3. Everything has its beauty but Keira Knightley has it in spades.
4. Fast food is what I had for dinner last night.
5. I'd like your phone numbers please. They were all on my work phone.
6. Right here is where I want to be right now.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching a movie with Nick tomorrow my plans include hanging with the fam and looking for a job and Sunday, I want to relax!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
I have no idea why this loaded sideways and after 3 attempts to fix I'm saying 'give'. My sister Katie made those flipflops with balloon embellishments 4 years ago for her wedding and they are still one of my favorite fun pair of flip flops. We came home and wrapped up the evening with snuggles on the couch while we watched Tinkerbell (anything is better than Finding Nemo right now) and ate popcorn. A very good end to a very good day!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
I fancy myself a 'glass is half full' kind of gal. Here's the deal. Yes- I'm 15 weeks pregnant without health insurance. There are options and programs to cover that. We'll figure it out. But I really didn't like the job. I stayed because it was steady and easy but it certainly wasn't what I wanted to do. there are options and programs to cover that.
I made this layout last weekend and looking at it reminds me of good things. Blue skies and clouds with silver linings. The little things in life are the BIG things. No one is sick. No one died. I just lost a job. It's all about perspective. When I was a little girl and feeling down on myself my mom would make me say, "I am a good person" out loud until she was satisfied that I believed it. Today I am making a list of what makes me happy until I believe it.
- Nick- I am tearing up as I type this but I am so grateful to have met that person who exactly who I need. He knows what to say and what to do to make me feel better. To make me feel like me. To make me keep it in perspective.
- Bennet and Scout- pretty hard to feel sorry for myself when they make me smile.
- Fresh McDonald's french fries.
- A clean house- including laundry and floors. That is huge!
- Girls Night at Jess's on Thursday.
- My new Caramel Mochiatto creamer.
- I felt Thermos move for the first time the other day.
- Seeing my parents and brother next weekend.
- My niece Molly is sleeping through the night. Makes Matt & Katie happy- makes me happy.
- My sister Megan sent me a sweet email.
- BrrrBabies. They are still as important to me today as they were 4 years ago.
- Rewarding myself for searching for jobs with a little scrap time
If anyone hears of job openings in Wausau please send them my way. Business Development, Training Coordinator, Project Management, Marketing. . . I'm your gal!
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
2. My favorite John Hughes movies is I love them all. Some Kind of Wonderful and Sixteen Candles. No- Weird Science. No- Ferris Bueller. No-Pretty in Pink. No. . .
3. My cat Jones is something I love to touch. She is sooo soft.
4. The full moon brings out the crazy in all of us.
5. I'm hungry for pancakes right now.
6. When daylight fades I tend to fade with it.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to editing photos and scrapbooking, tomorrow my plans include a Sweeney family bbq/picnic with the entire clan and Sunday, I want to go grocery shopping!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Scout lives in hand-me-downs but she still gets a new clothes too. It's only fair. Yesterday she made out with pajamas. Silky polka dot pjs. Next week Nick is out of town for WooHoo Wednesday vs. his standing golf date. What to do what to do?
Monday, August 3, 2009
Kraft Girl Kits is sponsoring 52 weeks 52 Sketches the week of August 9th and will be giving away one of the August Kits. Check out each blog for more details.
Each month we have a sketch contest with prizes. You don't have to use a Kraft Girl Kit so get out there and try it!!
When you get excited or are being silly you always scrunch your face and say
Nick and I had a rare weekend at the cabin with just us & the cats. It was the perfect, relaxing weekend. He fished, I read. He fished, I napped. He gamed, I scrapped. We went out to Bent's Camp for dinner & drinks, spent time on the pontoon & just enjoyed each others company. July 2009
Wall hanging - (There will instructions on a How-To for this on the Kraft Girls site)
9/6/3 is our anniversary so of course I had to circle those numbers
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Now onto the layouts. I created 5 layouts and 1 project this month and still have plenty of goodies left to play with. I'll post a couple today and the rest tomorrow.
First Glimpse - (layout for my pregnancy album)
At 11 weeks we had our first Dr. appt and got to see you for the first time. July 13, 2009