Saturday, January 31, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
1. Oh, I am so excited George Clooney is appearing on ER
2. I will positively embrace all changes, big and little.
3. During LOST, I tilt my head inquisitively when trying to keep up with the storyline
4. Octuplets;are you kidding me???
5. Right now I'd like to be in my pj's
6. My blackberry and laptop are my favorite gadgets.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to scrapping with Jess, tomorrow my plans include sledding with the girls and Sunday, I plan to make a nice family dinner!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Until then here are couple more layouts! Scout is in the spotlight today.
Beep Beep- I love circles. I used up a bunch of scraps on this one. JOURNALING: Push, pull, drag & ride. You love the Cozy Coupe. So cute. June 08
I finally used this tag that I'd had in my stash for YEARS!! I had fun with the teal and pink combo. I love the little heart shaped hat pins I picked up at the Fiskars sale. This layout is based off a sketch by Amy over at Scrapfreak.
This photo will always be a favorite. I used it for her birthday invites.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday night Nick and I had a date night. We went out to dinner at the country club and had to wait forever for food. A mix up in the kitchen got us free dessert. :) At least the wine was good. Afterwards we went to Bull Falls Brewery to check out the local brews. It was so nice having a night out alone without the kids. I really had a good time!
I also got some scrapping done. These layouts were created for several challenges at Scrap4Life and Scrapfreak.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
- She'll hold her finger up and say "I have an idea Mama. I'll be right back" She usually comes back with a dvd or a snack.
- EVERYTHING is "Amorrow". "I'll wear that shirt amorrow mama" "Go to the dentist amorrow"
- Speaking of the dentist. She wants to go to the dentist in the worst way. She talks about it EVERY day. She mentioned it at least 15 times yesterday. I suppose I should get an appt. scheduled.
- Since she is 3 and since I need to work on my patience I often say "Bennet- you're drivin' me nuts!" Well- now she says it. "Drivin' me nuts Mama". Wonderful.
Now onto Outie-
- She climbed out of her crib last week during nap time. I walked into her room to get her and she was walking around with tears running down her face. Startled but otherwise fine. We lowered the crib as low as it will go and have our fingers crosses.
- Bennet has a new bed which Scout LOVES to jump on. I'll be honest- it's kind of adorable watching them frolic together. Until the inevitable injury.
- She gets so excited when I come home from work. It's just adorable. She'll stand and the gate and bounce up and down saying Mama. Melts my heart!
- She is starting to know what things are. Nick will say "Ok Scout, time to go pick up Bennet from Amy's House." and she'll run to the closet looking for her shoes and coat. I'm pretty sure it's her favorite part of the day.
Monday, January 19, 2009
In addition to Martin Luther King Day it is National Popcorn Day. Since my sister Megan LOVES popcorn I thought I'd find some fun popcorn facts.
Here are some popcorn facts, found here:
- Americans consume some 16 billion quarts of this whole grain, good-for-you treat. That’s 54 quarts per man, woman, and child. (I think Megan eats double :))
- Marion, Ohio, USA is home to the world's only popcorn museum. This small town also hosts an annual festival to honor the snack food.
- Compared to most snack foods, popcorn is low in calories. Air-popped popcorn has only 31 calories per cup. Oil-popped is only 55 per cup.
- Of the 6 types of maize/corn—pod, sweet, flour, dent, flint, and popcorn—only popcorn pops.
- How high popcorn kernels can pop? Up to 3 feet in the air.
- Most U.S. popcorn is grown in the Midwest, primarily in Indiana, Nebraska, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky and Missouri.
- Many people believe the acres of corn they see in the Midwest during growing season could be picked and eaten for dinner, or dried and popped. In fact, those acres are typically field corn, which is used largely for livestock feed, and differs from both sweet corn and popcorn.
- The peak period for popcorn sales for home consumption is in the fall.
- Most popcorn comes in two basic shapes when it's popped: snowflake and mushroom. Snowflake is used in movie theaters and ballparks because it looks and pops bigger.
- Mushroom is used for candy confections because it doesn't crumble.
- Popping popcorn is one of the number one uses for microwave ovens. Most microwave ovens have a “popcorn” control button.
- How high popcorn kernels can pop? Up to 3 feet in the air.
- On September 29, 2006 a new record was set for the World's Largest Popcorn Ball, as measured by the Guinness Book of World Records. Eight feet in diameter and nearly 24.5 feet in circumference, this gargantuan confectionary creation weighed in at a whopping 3,423 pounds. It took two days for employees of The Popcorn Factory to create the ball.
- If you made a trail of popcorn from New York City to Los Angeles, you would need more than 352,028,160 popped kernels!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
I made it with the Scrap4Life monthly song challenge in mind. We were challenged to use a song title/lyrics from 2008. Title: Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Betingfield.
This is Scout on her 1st birthday. I loved the photo so much I printed it out nice and big!
I adhered a pocket on the back with handwritten journaling:
JOURNALING: My sweet Scout- It's hard to believe that you are one year old today. You and I spent the day together- just the two of us. We went to a field near our house to take photos. It was one of those moments when I wish I could stop time. It was simply perfect. The sky was vibrant blue with white fluffy cloud slowly rolling by. You sat down and started to play as the warm sunlight shone down on your sweet head. I realized that I took this photo at 3:27 ap.m. exactly one year from the minute you were born. Of course I got emotional. Your mom is very sentimental. I just love you so very much. I will always carry the memory of your first birthday with me- close to my heart. That picture perfect September afternoon we spent together in the sunshine. I love you very much Scout. Never doubt that. Love, Mom
Hope this warms you up today!!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
10. Grey's Anatomy- I'm still watching. I'm hoping they start bringing their A game. They need to re-kill Denny for realsies this time.
9. The Big Bang Theory- I am surprised at how much this show makes me laugh. I started watching it because it's on right before HIMYM. Now I just want to see it b/c it's really funny.
8. The Soup- I think Joel McHale is hilarious. So meaty. The way he incorporates Spaghetti Cat is classic.
7. American Idol- Like the losers we are we've seen every season. I clearly remember sitting on our couch in our Madison apartment watching the finale of season one. And as my sister Katie pointed out last week, yes- I own a Kelly Clarkson cd.
6. The Unit- Mount up! A good military secret ops show. Plus Jobu from Major League is in it. Although I REALLY want Scott Foley's wife to do something with her hair. Yikes!
5. CBS Sunday Morning- While I love a good Dateline episode of the Dr. whose wive killed him for milk money, but this news magazine show is sooo much better. It's the one time of the week that Nick and I stand our ground and don't give in to Back to the Barnyard or Harold & the Purple Crayon. I love sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee and seeing what Charles Osgood has for me this week.
4. The Office- I've got a thing for Jim. Dwight and Michael make me a little uncomfortable but it's ok.
3. Lost- The next Season starts Jan 21. They really stepped it up a notch last season and I can't wait to see where they take it now. I need to watch the last episode again as a refresher. The show really does make you pay attention.
2. Scrubs- It's back and better than ever. ABC- Tuesday nights. Plus Zach Braff has chin fuzz that I'm finding sexy.
1. How I Met Your Mother- They started running Season 1 at 7 p.m. CST on Lifetime. So catch up! It is so funny. NPH should win an Emmy. It is hands down my favorite current show.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
I took photos of our favorite ornaments and made this tree. I did some handstitching in the solid colored ornaments. I used a glittery number rub on on each photo and then made a corresponding note about the ornament on the trunk. All the patterned paper came from scraps. I just love my circle punches. I use them ALL the time.
Our visit to Santa Claus. Bennet called him HoHoClaus all season.
JOURNALING: B had been talking about Ho Ho Claus for weeks. She was going to ask him for a piggy bank & slippers. In classic 2 3/4 yr. old style she changed her mind when she saw him in person. He is an impressive man in red. So we all joined in the fun for a family photo with the jolly & holly
Monday, January 12, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
To all those women in my life, this is about you. From Handke Elementary, to UWEC, the BrrrBabies and everyone in between- this is about you. Thank you!
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Direct Link: http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c134/trunneka/?action=view¤t=MOV01092.flv
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Things I'm remembering about her:
- She always kept her fingernail polish in the fridge.
- She always had painted nails and lipstick on
- She called hot dogs 'weiners' which always made me giggle.
- The only time I heard her swear was when she was playing cards with her twin sister Levina, her husband Lewis and my grandpa Bud. They thought I was asleep but I heard those curse words
- She made the best Christmas cookies. She these fried ones that looked like ornaments. Almost too pretty to eat.
- When I'd stay overnight on a weekend she would always take me to Perkins after church.
- I think it meant alot to her when she learned our daughter's name was Bennet Leona.
- She could paint ceramics like nobody else.
- She would always humor me and tell me the story of her life, adoption, etc. Over and over I'd ask about it.
- I used to love wearing her high heels. I could fit in them when I was 9 or 10. I think she had regular sized feet and I have giant feet.
I have so much more to say but everything is kind of running through my head in slow motion. Somehow putting this into words helped a little bit. Kind of strange to blog at a time like this but it keeps my mind moving.
Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers as we remember someone very dear to us.
This is the journaling I did last Jan.
Balance being a Mother to Scout including my goal to continue pumping and breastfeeding. (I met this goal!! 1 year of nursing)
If I get more layouts published that is wonderful. But I don't need it.
If I make a different Design Team or win a contest that is cool. But I don't need it.
I just need to RELAX and do what I really want to do.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
- Still loves everything Giggy Doo (Scooby Doo)
- Really wants to drink out of a big girl cup.
- Likes to get out of bed in the middle of the night and thinks Mom is the only one who can put her back
- Wants to be a helper around the house. Always says "I walk really slow and use both hands ok Mama?"
- Has been 100% potty trained except at night for a couple months
- Loves playing with Scout. If Scout is awake in the morning, Bennet wants to be the first to say Good Morning.
- She is an absolute chatterbox. She doesn't even stop to eat. I actually heard her telling her stuffed animals stories tonight after lights out. I guess she hadn't met her Million Word quota for the day.
- Is really afraid of automated car washes. Poor kid.
- She still LOVES the kitties. She's slowly getting better about not pulling their tails.
- Has become somewhat of a cuddlebug. She likes to sit on my lap at night and watch tv. I love that. Bennet never stopped moving.
- Can run like the dickens. Look out B- she can catch you now.
- Still has only 4 teeth. We've started to call her Mater (from Cars) since she has the teeth.
- Climbs up on everything and thinks the stairs are her jungle gym.
- Has the most infectious laugh and smile. She really is a genuinely happy-go-lucky girl.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Friday, January 2, 2009
2001- Nick and I had our 1st date.
2003- We got married
2005- Bennet was born
2007- Scout was born
2009- What will the New Year bring?
2008 saw Bennet go from diapers to the potty. It saw Scout go from crawling on all 4's to running. It saw Nick go from a little tv to his big screen :) It saw me go from an unpublished scrapbook freak to having 2 layouts published.
As 2008 ends I thought I'd share 10 of my favorite layouts from the year. It was hard to narrow them down. All the world's problems aside, we did have a pretty great year. I am excited to see what 2009 has in store for Team Sweeney.
Wishing you a happy, healthy and harmonious 2009!