Wednesday, September 26, 2012
It seems that my free time is being squeezed more than usual. Between sewing projects, reading, normal house/family stuff, working full time- the hours fly by fast! But I am making the time to keep my pregnancy album as current as possible. If you'd like to see all my pregnancy layouts in one spot here is my Pinterest board.
I love this layout for several reasons. I love the photo. It is true to life and really captures what is happening right now. I love the story behind it. I love that I got my feelings to paper.
This is a typical scene. The moment I lay down on the couch all three girls figure out a way to not only be near me, but ON me at the same time. In all honesty, it isn’t always the most comfortable. It’s a complicated dance of feet, limbs, belly, pillows. . .
But I try to take a step back and relish in the fact that they want to be near me. I can do this for them. I can make the space.
My excited children fighting for room on my lap- leaning in close to tell their new sibling they can’t wait for his or her arrival.
Bennet asking questions about how I’m feeling. “How’s your leg Mom?”
Scout wanting to use my belly as a pillow to feel Mitten nudge her in the head.
Ellie poking me in my belly button saying “Baby Mitten in your tummy. There!”
And in time I’ll make the space for one more.
Sept. 20, 2012
Monday, September 24, 2012
I started this design with the half-circle journaling as the focal point. I sat there staring at it and realized that it resembles the shape of my pregnant belly right now. But thank goodness my belly button doesn't resemble the 3 circle element. :)
Friday, September 14, 2012
The photo of the three of us is blurry but still somehow perfect. Last summer the big girls and I went to 400 Block downtown and watched 'The Muppets' for Screen on the Green. I packed a brown paper bag filled with a popcorn and M&M mix and orange soda pop. BIG treat! We snuggled in our lawn chairs and blankets and made it about 3/4 of the way through the movie before they both admitted they were ready for bed. Ah- my girls!
Inspired by this layout.
Inspired by this layout.
Thursday, September 13, 2012
2. I've hit 30 weeks. Since Mitten will be making his/her arrival around 39 weeks we're down to single digits. 9 weeks to go. O.M.G.
3. I actually made something for OUR baby rather than gifts/orders for other babies. Since Mitten is arriving in November I wanted something to keep him/her toasty in the cold Wisconsin winter. I used this tutorial for a cozy, car seat canopy. I just loved the elephant fabric and figured with the orange it was gender neutral enough. I used a warm minky fabric for the interior.
4. Scout Snapshot of the Week: Photo from her 5th birthday. Nick made a Captain America cake per her specific request. The pearls and blue glitter were her favorite part.
6. Ellie Snapshot of the Week: Grandma Barb was able to celebrate with Ellie at the YWCA's Grandparents Day event on Monday. They did arts & crafts although I think Ellie was more interested in the lemonade and cookies.
7. Read this book last weekend. I've all 3 of her books and have enjoyed them all. Dark, suspenseful and just entertaining.
8. Currently reading this:
10. Weekend plans. More work on the basement remodel, walking in the United Way parade on Saturday with the YWCA, naps and a movie night!
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Sharing another layout I made for my pregnancy album. I just bought the small wooden stars (Studio Calico) and I am addicted! They'll probably be on every layout for awhile.
Title: Tick Tock
Journaling: And just like that I’m 29 weeks & in the 3rd trimester. Unbelieveable to think you will debut in a little over 2 months. I am still feeling pretty good most days. You are starting to be more active ,especially at night.Your sisters get a kick out of watching you kick me in my tummy. for the1st time i don’t have to take iron supplements - woohoo! heartbeat 125bpm . measuring on schedule. 13 lbs.+this layout. By Allie Hamblin.
Friday, September 7, 2012
Last week my obstetrician, Dr. T. Connolly, died suddenly from a massive heart attack. It's really taken me back. Just a sad, unfortunate truth. I have always preached that scrapbooking is not only a creative outlet but also my therapy. I stole some quiet time last weekend to put my thoughts and feelings to paper. I still feel the loss, but it helped provide some clarity.
Journaling: Dr. Connolly has been my O/B for all of my pregnancies. From the first time we saw 2 pink lines with B to the last time those tell-tale lines appeared with Mitten. He eased all my first-time-Mom questions and concerns with his amazingly laidback bedside manner. He looked at Nick and I and said, “It’s a GIRL!” when Ellie made her arrival. Over the course of 4 pregnancies our relationship has become more casual and relaxed– “here we go again” There wasn’t a visit that went by that we didn’t somehow acknowledge how fast time flies and how much we loved every second of raising a family.
This caring, selfless man passed away suddenly this week. His contagious smile won’t be greeting me next week at my appointment. He won’t give me a pat on the shoulder with a “see you soon”. He won’t be here as we complete our family. I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor and he will be truly missed.
Photography by: Photography by JDesigns
Thursday, September 6, 2012
1. Nick and I are celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary today. We've gone from just him, me and 1 cat (Stoli) to him, me, 2 cats (Stoli & Jones) and 3.5 kids: Bennet, Scout, Eleanor and almost-Mitten in 9 years. We've been busy!
2. I've hit 29 weeks and thus the 3rd trimester of this pregnancy. I'm still feeling pretty good and while I'm starting to feel more tired, sleep is becoming elusive. Double edged sword. Can hardly believe Mitten will make his/her debut in 10 weeks.
3. Fall TV starts back up in 2 weeks. CAN'T WAIT! I am such a tv junkie!
4. Bennet Snapshot of the Week: Lost her 2nd tooth last Saturday and started 1st grade this week.
6. Ellie Snapshot of the Week: Ellie is adjusting to being the only Sweeney kid at the YWCA. She keeps looking for Bennet and Scout throughout the day. And a photo from Labor Day.
7. Read this book over our weekend in Chicago. Quick little spy novel.
8. Then I read this. It's a combination of a coming-of-age story with an end-of-the-world type story. Different to say the least.
10. Weekend plans include the Wausau Arts Festival and my father-in-law's 70th Birthday Bash!
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
August came and went in the blink of an eye. Between trips to Bay Beach, G&G Camp, Chicago for Nick and me- it was just a blur. We (by 'we' I mostly mean Nick) are in the middle of a major house remodeling project so our basement and scrap studio are in total disarray. It's actually physically difficult to make it to my space. But I did put on some steel toed boots and carve my way in.
TITLE: Little Birdie Sit
Journaling: The look on your face says it all. You loved feeding the birds at Wildwood Wildlife Park. June 2011.
I was inspired by the patchwork look of Scout's skirt and created the quilt/grid look. I did some machine stitching as well. I had this photo in my stash for a long time. When in doubt- go with the good old grid!
TITLE: Remember all the good times.
Journaling: You says yard work can't be fun? What's more fun that 3 girls in a wheel barrow going for a ride? Daddy powered around the front yard bringing wide eyes and wide smiles. Summer 2011
TITLE: You are a Fish!
Journaling: This summer you really fell in love with swimming. Your confidence in your new skill just shine on your face. Summer 2012
I lifted this layout of mine.