Friday, January 29, 2010
2. Having a newborn instead of being pregnant makes me feel better than ever!
3. I love the taste of the coffee I brew at home. I miss it.
4. I forsee alot of recovery time in the living room.
5. The first thing we're going to do (when I get home) is give my girls a hug and my mom a big thank you!
6. Drip, drip, drip; isn't as annoying as windshield wipers screeching and scraping.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, tomorrow my plans include relaxing and spending time at home and Sunday, I want to catch up on some DVR'd shows!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Nick has been sick since Friday so in between bursts of energy we've been cleaning the house. The girls wanted to help clean yesterday. Man- I wish I could keep this enthusiasm when they're old enough to really help.
TITLE: ver. 4.5
Journaling: This family photo was taken at one of our favorite places- the cabin. It was a specual day for our family. Earlier that day we learned that our family of four was going to become a famly of five. I set up the tripod & caught the moment. A snapshot in time of things to come. May 2009
(I lifted this design from May/June Scrapbooks Etc. - Debbie Hodge)
TITLE: You Make Me Smile
Pregnant women lose their MINDS. I have the memory of a goldfish. I can't tell you how many times I've assumed I told Nick something but in fact it was just in my head. I never actually went audible with it. Now I have to ask, "Did I say this out loud or was it just in my head?"
Pregnant women are EMOTIONAL. I swear I've cried during a certain Folgers commercial every time I've seen it. I've seen it at least 20 times and it's not THAT sappy. I get weepy during the Kelly Clarkson song, "My Life Would Suck Without You" Well- it would. I am misty eyed watching Bennet and Scout play together. I just about lose it when they both want to dance around the living room with me- one little hand in each of mine.
Pregnant women are OBSESSIVE. I've become every woman that irks me. Constantly thinking about going into labor. Oh- what kind of cramp was that? Was that a contraction? Who we would call if it's 3 a.m? What the date means? Blah blah blah. Oh- and I have some weird paranoia about running out of milk. If we have less than 3 gallons in the fridge I get all mental. As if there aren't stores within a mile that carry milk. Right now I have 3 gallons of 1%, a 1/2gallon of Skim, 2 cartons of OJ, Apple Juice AND a gallon of chocolate milk. MOO!!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Journaling. Today we hung out in comfy clothes. We goofed around on the kitchen floor. We laughed. We were 3 silly girls. Today we lived in the moment.
Yes- I stitched again :)
TITLE: The Sweet Spot
Journaling: Grandma's lap is the place to be. Cabin 08/09
TITLE: Just Dance
Journaling: 400 Block at Concerts on the Square. Barefoot and fancy free. WooHoo Wednesday 07/29/09 You love to spin and dance. The music makes you shake your booty. Pure joy on your face.
I resisted the urge to stitch the pink circles and used my circle cutter instead. Talk about restraint.
1. You have a chance to be whatever you want to be.
2. I'm craving McDonalds french fries right now!
3. There is a always a silver lining. Sometimes you just have to look extra hard to find it.
4. Buy now and pay later. (That's all I can think of)
5. It's time to have a baby.
6. I think our girl name is still somewhat up in the air but we're set on the boy name. 7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to movie night, tomorrow my plans include one more deep cleaning of the house. Floors and carpets and Sunday, I want to relax and enjoy our last Sunday as a family of 4.
Friday, January 15, 2010
TITLE: 9 Months
Journaling: One week to go. We're ready. I'm so ready. It has been a wonderful ride with you but now I want to see you, hold you, kiss you & just meet you. Soon. TITLE: One Fine Day
Journaling: A beautiful blue sky, white fluffy clouds, the wind in your hair and the perfect perch on Dad's shoulders. It was one fine day at Helene's Hilltop Orchard. 09/09
A little more complicated of a layout for me but I like how it turned out. I did some handstitching (shocker) inside the clouds in a pale pink.
TITLE: Goon on the Toon
Journaling: Summer 09 touring the Cisco Chain on the toon.
I traced a Scenic Route arrow and then handstitched in a yellow thread.
TITLE: Lil Helper
Photos of Bennet from Dec. 2008.
TITLE: Jingle All the Way
It's isn't a perfect shot- a little blurry but I LOVE it! I didn't journal which is rare for me but I think the photo is enough. AND I used pearly bling for the first time. Photo from Christmas 2008.
2. The middle is where friends and family meet.
3. All these years I've wondered why people look inside the Kleenex after they use it.
4. I received a standing ovation when I arrived.
5. The truth is this pregnancy FLEW by!
6. My UWEC friends playing quarters while wearing togas and wreaths on their heads is what I remember most from my wedding day. (Ok- not what I remember most but it just jumped into my head)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hanging out with Jess, Casie and Kim if I'm feeling better, tomorrow my plans include a whole lotta nuthin' and Sunday, I want to do the same!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
For what it's worth Nick thinks I'm going early.
Monday, January 11, 2010
TITLE: Fun, Fabulous Four.
Photos from Bennet's 4th birthday.
JOURNALING: Happy 4th Birthday Bennet! Your goofball personality is starting to shine through. You like to make us laugh with your funny faces or stories. Life is never dull when you're around. Thanks for the smiles B! We love you!
TITLE: Open Wide
B's first trip to the dentist last April.
I actually used these photos on three separate layouts. Something I rarely do. I made a layout for Bennet, Scout and Thermos's albums.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
I feel like these days leading up to Thermos's arrival are just a paradox. Sometimes I feel like the days are stretching on and other times I feel like time is so fleeting. Lately I've caught myself looking at the girls are realizing that we won't be a family of 4 for much longer. How will Bennet like being the Biggest Sister? Will Scout adore or abhor her new sibling?
I was watching the two of them get lost in a sea of bubbles during bathtime earlier this week and it all just sort of hit me. How blesses we are to have two happy, healthy, incredibly energetic girls. I know the two of them will always have a special bond but I also know that Thermos will make his/her way into the fold as well.
Right now she. . .
~Still thinks she's having a baby. Currently it's pink sparkly kitty named Rainbow Diamond or Butterfly Diamond- I lose track. I've tried to convince her that she isn't having a baby. I've told her that we can't afford therapy right now. She won't be swayed.
~LOVES footie pj's and pj days. She'd live in them if I let her. Oh- and her new Princess Snuggie. BIG props to Aunt Katie, Uncle Matt & Molly on that one.
~Wants to watch the intro cartoon to "Who's Framing Roger Rabbit?' on a daily basis. There is a line where he says, "I'll save you baby" and she just thinks that's the funniest thing ever.
~Asks you the name of EVERY single song on the radio. When I responded, "Poker Face" (Lady GaGa) she said, "Well- that's not very nice. That would hurt"
~Still does the Naked Dance on a daily basis. My poor friend Jared got a front row seat to a show a couple weeks ago. Exhibitionists.
~Her new favorite food is tomato soup.
Right now she. . .
~Like to put her baby dolls in the crib in the nursery. Very sweet.
~Wants to snuggle on your lap any chance she can get. It's so adorable albeit uncomfortable.
~Will respond 'Yes' with a very distinct s at the end when answering a question. Bennet was always 'yep' but Scout says 'Yes'
~Likes the idea of going on the big girl potty, the sitting, wiping and flushin but doesn't actually do anything on the big girl potty.
~Seems so grown up. I distinctly remember putting Bennet down for a nap the afternoon I had Scout. When I saw her again later that night at the hospital it was like she'd grown up exponentially in a few hours. I'm not sure I'm ready for that emotion again.
~She does the Naked Dance on a daily basis as well but when she says it it sounds like "Gobble Gay-Ged" instead of "I'm all Naked" Hi-larious!
~She still loves cheese. Cheese, cheese, cheese!
Friday, January 8, 2010
2. Old man winter is not able to blow those clouds away.
3. Standing in the middle of the road is a good way to get run over. Just saying.
4.We'll have another family member in less than 3 weeks. Oh girl or oh boy.
5. He went out tiger hunting and I watched it on the Discovery Channel.
6. Nothing these days helps keep my mind from wandering .
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a hot bath, tomorrow my plans include maybe making some more suppers to freeze and wishing my BIL Mark a happy 40th and Sunday, I want to watch the Packers!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
This layout scanned really HOT but you get the general idea. I used the 12/31 sketch from Sketchy Thursdays blog for this one. We all went to Macy's 8th Floor in Mpls to see the holiday display.
I lifted the design for this from the JilliBean Soup blog. I mixed a bunch of product- Teresa Collins, Scenic Route, American Crafts and Making Memories.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
TITLE: Me&B Date