Wednesday, April 29, 2009
I wanted to challenge myself to using a patterned paper as the background since I'd been leaning towards Kraft paper so much. I kind of like all the patterns together.
JOURNALING: You are always on the go, climbing, exploring. These photos stolen while you were stil are as rare as you are. My one of a kind girl.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
- Unexpected car repairs (again). Tires this time.
- Water in the basement. Bennet said, "Mom- we have a water problem!! Get the fan!"
- I'm dealing with a weird pinched nerve.
- We accidently left Jones in Scout's room all night. Poor kitty.
- Scout is teething and is reaaalllly crabby
- Bennet smeared chapstick all over her walls, window and bedspread.
- Nick can't find a deal on these cool Kenneth Cole shoes he wants.
Sooooooooooooooooooo. . .I'm going to channel my inner Julie Andrews and try to think of a few of my favorite things. Or at least things that make me smile.
- Wishing my Mom & Dad a happy 36th wedding anniversary. That's big deal!!
- It's sunny outside today
- Nick gets to go the cabin fishing this weekend with his best friend.
- Bennet saying "thank you" without being asked
- Scout pulling on my pants leg to go dance
- My cute new spring coat that I got at 50% off!
- Seeing family last weekend and making Grandpa Bud smile.
- My brother was on TV last week. http://email@example.com
Monday, April 27, 2009
'What Did you Say?' I made this for a ScrapFreak and Scrap4Life Challenge. The supplies are from the March Kraft Girls Kit. The challenge at the Freak was to use inspiration from an object. I used the clock we have downstairs. The little note tags list some of our favorite Bennetisms.
Friday, April 24, 2009
2. Nothing beats a sunny day. (except a sunny weekend/non-work day)
3. 2009 has been 40% awesome so far.
4. May 28, 2001- that was it. My first date with Nick.
5. For too long I've been needing new glasses and contacts.
6. I am not obsessed with Facebook;I am not!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to spending time with my parents, tomorrow my plans include shopping and sneaking out for some Nick & Kari time and Sunday, I want to Walk in support of premature babies in the March of Dimes Walk in St Paul!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
This means that Nick has both girls at home this week. Keep in mind that he is not a stay-at-home Dad in the traditional sense. He runs his own successful Graphic Design/Web Design business (Big Fat Designs) as well. So he's really a work-at-home, watch-the-kids, Dad and husband.
We have two great girls but they are constantly on the go and rarely stop to catch their breath. And let's be honest, they're 3 and 19 months so if there is something to get into, they're going to get into it. It's going to be a long week so I wanted him to know how much I appreciate how well he juggles everything.
I must have been trying to send him positive vibes for this week because I did two layouts about him last weekend for the Scrap4Life cyber crop.
This photo is from Matt & Katie's rehearsal dinner in August 2005. Pre-kids :)
These photos are self-portraits we took at the 20Friends black tie fancy dress party last November.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Unfortunately she has a hard time saying the word CRAFT properly and it comes out CRAP :)
"Mom- can I do a crap today. Please?"
"We'll see" (stiffling laughter)
"Are we going to the crap store? I really like craps Mom. They're my favorite"
"Can I play with my Tinkerbell crap?"
Over the course of the last 2 days we've been working on saying it correctly. She now says it right but puts a huge emphasis on the FT part of the word. I'll take it!! If she kept saying crap I was going to lose it :)
Friday, April 17, 2009
2. Put a little laughter in your day!
3. Happiness is in the little things.
4. Watching LOST leaves me dazes and confused.
5. I'm waiting for the girls to take a nap so I can sneak one in too! I love vacation days!
6. A Colin Firth movie is hard to resist.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going out to an early dinner, tomorrow my plans include spring cleaning and Sunday, I want to do the regular!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Scout started giving us little love taps on the back when we'd pick her up after sleeps. I never had noticed that I do this subconsciously and she's picked it up from me. She is so sweet.
JOURNALING: When we pick you up from a nap you will snuggle in, lay your head on our shoulder and give us two gentle taps on the back. It is just so sweet. April 09
Sunday, April 12, 2009
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. We're beat.
Can you tell which bunny is Nick's? Yep- the one with ALL the icing. Bennet wanted to put red hots on her bunnies tail but was quick to warn me "Be careful Mom- they're spicy"
I love the movie 'The Sound of Music'. I remember watching it as a kid during the Easter season. I can't help singing along to every song. It was on last night and I fell in love with it all over again. I made the comment to Nick that they only two big name actors in the movie were Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. Everyone else was not a big name star. I think that makes it all the easier to love. You aren't focusing on the STARS you're focusing on the story. If they made the film today the 7 VonTrapp children would be played by NickeloDisney kids.
The same thing goes for 'Slumdog Millionaire' which we watched this weekend. It was AMAZING. I loved it. The story was original, refreshing and inspiring. The fact that the actors in the movie were not tabloid/People regulars made it all the easier to get sucked into the film. I'm not making alot of sense here but I hope you know what I mean.
Anyways- before I went on my ramble I was talking about The Sound of Music. Scout wanted to dance with Dad to 'My Favorite Things' and he happily obliged.
On to the eggs-
Friday, April 10, 2009
2.Goonies is a classic. Man I love that movie!
3. Let me embrace thee, sour adversity, be banished!!
4. Being able to play outside right when I get home from work with Nick and the girls is what I look forward to most about Spring.
5. Who needs therapy when you have laughter and scrapbooking?
6. Black jelly beans MUST go into the Easter Basket!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dyeing eggs with the girls, tomorrow my plans include organizing the kids clothes so I can pass some onto Molly and Sunday, I want to celebrate Easter without having to wear snow boots. Please keep the weather nice!!!
Happy Easter all!!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
I'll be honest. I am not really a Basic Grey kind of gal (shock and awe!!) I've probably made 5 layouts using BG. But to be honest, I like how these turned out. I may be converted.
This is my mom and me in 1976. The flowers are a combination of chipboard and patterned paper. I handstitched the stems/leaves and around the journaling spot.
JOURNALING: I love this photo of my mom & me. I love how my mom looks. I love her hip flare leg jeans. I love that she has bare feet. I love her feathered hair. I love her scarf around her neck. I love how she loves me. Then & now. April 1976.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
She has an infectious laugh. It usually resembles a hearty chuckle more than a dainty giggle.
She has started to love books. She'll grab a book and crawl into your lap. She likes to sleep with them too.
She prefers to wear her food in her hair instead of eating it.
She cries every morning when Bennet and I leave for the day. She wants to go too! At 4:30 p.m. she'll go into Nick's office and tug on his leg. She'll lead him to the front closet for her shoes and coat. It's time to get BeBen (Bennet)
She loves her babies. She has 2 little dollies that have become her bestest friends (besides Bennet).
She LOVES to dance. It's hilarious. She has this Joe Cocker thing going on lately. She'll squat down towards the floor and shake her little tush. If you're sitting down she'll come grab your hand and pull you up. Her favorites are American Idol and the MoveItMoveIt song from Madagascar.
And for my mom- she has 7 teeth.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
They have really been on my mind a lot lately. My sister Katie and brother-in-law Matt just welcomed their first child, Molly Jo, to the family last Wednesday. My sister Megan and brother-in-law Matt just moved from MN to Albuquerque last week. My brother Gregg is, well- I need to call him because I'm not sure what he's doing :)
Anyways- here are a couple of layouts I made for my Book of Me. Both were based off of sketches from Sketchapoolza 3 at Feeling Scrappy. (Sketchapoolza 4 is coming this summer!! Don't miss it!! )
One is a photo from 1983. The other is from 2009.
Journaling: Looking at this photo nearly 26 years later just makes me smile. The clothes, the hairstyled, the memories. It was a good time.
Journaling: Us four are siblings and friends. I that makes us pretty lucky. I love that we're able to see each other often. Elk River, Feb 2009