Thursday, April 9, 2009

Basic Grey at Scrap4Life

This month I had the chance to design with the Basic Grey Sugared line at Scrap4Life.


I'll be honest. I am not really a Basic Grey kind of gal (shock and awe!!) I've probably made 5 layouts using BG. But to be honest, I like how these turned out. I may be converted.


This is my mom and me in 1976. The flowers are a combination of chipboard and patterned paper. I handstitched the stems/leaves and around the journaling spot.


JOURNALING: I love this photo of my mom & me. I love how my mom looks. I love her hip flare leg jeans. I love that she has bare feet. I love her feathered hair. I love her scarf around her neck. I love how she loves me. Then & now. April 1976.

Starting this year 3 of my friends and I get together one night/day a month to scrapbook. I don't know why it took us so long to do this but I'm loving it. In Feburary I hosted it at my house. My friend Casie took these photos of Scout. Isn't she cute?
JOURNALING: I was hosting a crop. You woke up and had to be part of the action. Drawing and using stickers- yawning the whole time. Scrap till you drop- or sleep. Feb 2009

3 comments:

Matt said...

Is that picture of you and Mom in Pine River? If so, it is sad that I know that. :) --Katie

jenney said...

Awesome layouts, girl!!

Jayne said...

LOVE both layouts! Great vintage feel to the first and those pictures on the second are so cute!