Sunday, April 12, 2009

Gingerbread Bunny Cookies

On Saturday we made Gingerbread Bunny cookie. I saw the recipe for these bunny cookies on Stacy Jullian's blog and knew I wanted to make them with the girls. The recipe was quick and easy. I hope we turn it into an annual tradition.

Can you tell which bunny is Nick's? Yep- the one with ALL the icing. Bennet wanted to put red hots on her bunnies tail but was quick to warn me "Be careful Mom- they're spicy"

I love the movie 'The Sound of Music'. I remember watching it as a kid during the Easter season. I can't help singing along to every song. It was on last night and I fell in love with it all over again. I made the comment to Nick that they only two big name actors in the movie were Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. Everyone else was not a big name star. I think that makes it all the easier to love. You aren't focusing on the STARS you're focusing on the story. If they made the film today the 7 VonTrapp children would be played by NickeloDisney kids.

The same thing goes for 'Slumdog Millionaire' which we watched this weekend. It was AMAZING. I loved it. The story was original, refreshing and inspiring. The fact that the actors in the movie were not tabloid/People regulars made it all the easier to get sucked into the film. I'm not making alot of sense here but I hope you know what I mean.

Anyways- before I went on my ramble I was talking about The Sound of Music. Scout wanted to dance with Dad to 'My Favorite Things' and he happily obliged.

No comments: