Things I'm remembering about her:
- She always kept her fingernail polish in the fridge.
- She always had painted nails and lipstick on
- She called hot dogs 'weiners' which always made me giggle.
- The only time I heard her swear was when she was playing cards with her twin sister Levina, her husband Lewis and my grandpa Bud. They thought I was asleep but I heard those curse words
- She made the best Christmas cookies. She these fried ones that looked like ornaments. Almost too pretty to eat.
- When I'd stay overnight on a weekend she would always take me to Perkins after church.
- I think it meant alot to her when she learned our daughter's name was Bennet Leona.
- She could paint ceramics like nobody else.
- She would always humor me and tell me the story of her life, adoption, etc. Over and over I'd ask about it.
- I used to love wearing her high heels. I could fit in them when I was 9 or 10. I think she had regular sized feet and I have giant feet.
I have so much more to say but everything is kind of running through my head in slow motion. Somehow putting this into words helped a little bit. Kind of strange to blog at a time like this but it keeps my mind moving.
Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers as we remember someone very dear to us.