Saturday, November 6, 2010

Right Here Right Now

It's the first Friday of the month which means a new Freaky Friday Challenge at ScrapFreak.

Ferris Bueller said it best, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" My StoryTelling challenge to you this month is to document something happening Right Here, Right Now. Focus on something that you (or someone you love) is really into right now (drink, color, television show).

Journaling
Technique: Sometimes finding the perfect place to journal can be tricky. This month try journaling in a shape. Write around the edge of the page or around an element.

TITLE: Top Top Bottom Bottom
Journaling: You love babies. Your baby dolls & your sister Ellie too. At daycare Amy taught you how to burp a baby. Gently tap her back and say 'top top bottom bottom top top bottom bottom' with a little song. If I do it wrong you are quick to correct me. Always the helpful big sister. 06/10

I have to laugh because Scout did this little thing for a couple weeks and now she hasn't done it in months. I'm glad I remembered to document it.



TITLE: Just Hit Pause (inspired by Bennet when she grabs the remote to pause a show)
Journaling:Chooses egg sandwiches for lunch everyday * Loves checking the weather on the ipod touch in the morning. “Mom- it’s moonlight out today. Wait- there is another place to double check”* Is enjoying puting on her apron for nightly “cooking lessons” with Dad* Loves playing outside & riding her big girl bike* Is developing a wee bit of a sassy, ungrateful attitude that I hope is short lived *Loves to draw her ‘fam-a-lee’*Is embracing school & wanting to read even more books*Will often get up in the morning before I do. I find her wrapped up in a blanket on the couch*Can recognize songs within one or two notes*Thinks SuperHeroes are awesome*Makes me smile when she says, “You’re the best mom ever!”* Calls the store Old Navy - Old Gravy* Helps take the garbage to the curb every week without being asked.*Loves helping clean Stoli & Jones litter boxes* Her favorite tv show is Phineas & Ferb*Prefers wearing skirts to jeans* Wants to talk on the phone to everyone who calls*Is starting to say things like, “When I’m a 5 year old. . . ”*Loads the dishwasher*Enjoys picking out Ellie’s veggie or fruit from the pantry at mealtime* Is still talk talk talk & full of questions*Loves ‘Kids Place Live’ on the satellite radio* Sincerely tells me that I’m a ‘hot hot Mama’* Sept 2010

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Kari, these are so fun. I really need to do things like this. Those little things are so important to remember!!