Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy Retirement Dad!


Today is my Dad's last day as a working stiff at Great River Energy after 38 years of service. He started there when he was 22 in 1972. Nick put into words what I couldn't so he is guest blogging today. 

Congrats on finishing the long haul! You’ve been there longer than I have been alive – not that I am that old or anything – but it is still one hell of an accomplishment. That job has brought you through the founding years of your family and into the troubling years of grand children ;) I hope you are as proud of your service as we are of you.

Time to kick up your heels and enjoy the silence. (At least until Bennet and Scout come to visit anyway.) Bill Watterson said it best, “There’s never enough time to do all the nothing you want.” Here’s to having all the time for yourself, your hobbies, your thoughts, your dreams – in short – “Mike Time” – that you’ve earned.

Cheers,
- Nick

Congratulations Dad! Enjoy the next chapter in your life!! We love you!

1 comment:

gottaluvboyz said...

Congratulations to your dad! I love what Nick wrote:)