Saturday, July 11, 2009

Paper Popsicles Blog Hop



Paper Popsicles is having it's first ever blog hop, so you'll be asked to hop from blog to blog featuring yummy eye candy with a summer theme...and of course what's eye candy without a little blog candy...so just leave a comment before you hop along to the next blog and you just might pick up a prize!!!

Each blog will feature a secret word...these words needs to be collected and then put together to form a phrase. This phrase will then need to be emailed to paperpopsicles@gmail.com by Sunday night, July 12 at midnight Central time to be eligible for our grand prize.

So......lets get started!!!

If you are joining me from Tricia's blog great...you are hopping right along...if you just stumbled upon my blog...you won't want to miss a thing, so hop on over to the Paper Popsicles blog to get you started.

This is a quick, inexpensive alternative to a live bouquet. It could serve as a centerpiece or get-well gift. I gave my creation to the nursing staff at St. Clare's as a thank you when I had Scout. You could use stars instead for a patriotic 4th of July display.

Supplies-
Wooden pencil holder box
Styrofoam floral insert
Wooden Skewers
Paper & Embellies
Instructions-
1. I covered the wooden box with paper but you could paint or decoupage it as well.
2. I inserted the floral foam into the box and covered it with paper. You could use marbles, rocks or candy instead of the floral foam.
3. Cut your flowers. I think Paper Popsicles June Mini Kit- Skipping Along (20% off) or Paper Popsicles May Kit- Vanilla would be perfect for this. I cut my flowers by hand but you could use your Cricut/Wishblade/Silhouette.
4. Attach the skewers to the back of the flower. I used transparent tape but you could stitch them together too.
5. Insert the skewers into the foam as you want the arranged.
6. Give your gift and wait for the oooh's & aaahhhh's!
  • Did you know that the Paper Popsicles blog features a new card challenge every Wednesday? Did you know that every month we have weekly theme challenges hosted on our message board?


  • Did you know that we have a monthly sketch challenge?


  • Did you know that we hold auditions each month for our next guest designer....details can be found on our message board!!!


  • Have you seen the kits in the store?


  • Did you see there is one main kit, two mini-kits, and a card kit each month?


  • Have you been over to see the design team and guest designer's galleries to see their amazing work done with the fabulous products offered in the Paper Popsicles store?


now...for my secret word...it is THROUGH before you hop on over there...be sure to leave me a comment here so you are entered into the drawing here on my blog....


next...be sure to keep on hopping and collecting words for your secret phrase by checking out Jen's blog next...


don't forget to send an email with the secret phrase to paperpopsicles@gmail.com at the end of the blog hop....and good luck!

61 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

That is very cute! I have done a paper flower bouquet before! I did flowers on my Cricut, and I used my daughters' faces cut in circles as the flower center. I gave it to my mom one Mother's Day, and of course, she loved it! Yours is very cute, and I bet they loved it!

mustangkayla said...

Cute KariAnn!

Gramjak said...

Love, love, love, this darling floral bouquet! It's the best!!

Hope that you'll continue to have a super summer!

becca said...

oh this is so cute! I have not done a bouquet like this, and I should! Love it! Happy Hopping!

Nadia said...

I've always wanted to try one of these, have not yet. LOVELY!!! I'm inspired to try it more than ever, thank you for the great tips.

Lilacanglia said...

this is gorgeous,
so nice a cheerful
Hugs
Angie

Erika M. said...

Your project is darling!

Robin said...

Adorable Kari Ann!!!

Sophia said...

How cute are those flowers...

Jackie L. said...

I'll bet those nurses just loved that cute bouquet ! Great idea !

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Super cute KariAnn!!!! Love how fresh your flowers look!

Unknown said...

KariAnn!!! OMG...this is so adorable!!! I totally need to make one of these now!!
Thanks for the inspiration!!! :)

Leah said...

Such a cute flower bouquet!

Stacey said...

What an adorable centerpiece!!! You are so creative!!!

Jacqui Bourne said...

Love your ideas and your blog!!!

Christi said...

I just love paper flower bouquets! Yours is adorable!

Yvette said...

How cute is this!?!!! Love the idea of being able to change from flowers to stars or whatever your fancy may be! Thanks for the tutorial!

Snips and Snails said...

I love the flower bouqet! I may have to make one of these soon.

Alecia Wolfford said...

How CUTE is this?!?! Really love this project!!

Anonymous said...

Love the bouquet! You could do an adorable easter one as well. :)

Karen said...

Wonderful bouquet idea. Have a wonderful summer.

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty bouquet!! I have been trying to decide how to do something like this for my display at a craft fair. This would be a fun idea.

Jen said...

What an adorable gift... real flowers die, and sometimes I am pretty sure paper is prettier!

Unknown said...

Love this little flower bouguet. One could change the colors to fit any holiday or season.

Lora Oliver said...

Too cute, what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Cute flower bouquet! I have made these before and they are always a hit.

Sandi said...

WOW! How ADORABLE!!!!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

How cute... I have seen these before but have never done one.. so cute. Thanks for sharing

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Great tutorial! TFS!

Monique Liedtke said...

Your flowers are adorable!!
TFS!!
Have a wonderful summer!
Monique

Chrissy's Creations said...

Oh wow, this is sooooooo cute!! I love that it can be changed up to fit ant theme or season! Fabulous!!

Hugs, Christine

Christinenicole@att.net

FifthAvenueGirl said...

I love blog hops! Thanks for the chance at some candy too!

Laurel (shreve6) said...

Thanks for the directions for this project. I have always wanted to know how.

Joaniebolognie said...

What an adorable bouquet!

JoanneK said...

Super cute idea! I love your blog, just kept reading and reading! Your girls are adorable...cherish those little moments for sure...they grow up WAY too fast!

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely centrepiece. Certainly something different. This is my first attempt at a blog hop. Best wishes Kym xxx

Christine said...

beautiful! Happy hopping guys.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

This was a cute idea, and would have been perfect with Stars. Thanks for sharing!

Chris said...

Very cute bouquet. This certainly would last longer than real ones. Thanks for sharing Chris

Lydia Siegel said...

How cute! That will be a great little gift to give to teachers as well. thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

thank you for this idea, it'll last longer than a real flower bouquet.

Fonda C Butler said...

that is such a great idea for a thank you gift!

Lady J said...

How Sweet! Thanks for sharing and now I'm off to Hop some more...
http://ladyjcreations.blogspot.com/

ScrapAddict21 said...

what a neat gift!

Michelle said...

Wow, this is so cute. Great idea and thanks for sharing the instructions on how to make it.

Jodi said...

This flower bouquet is cute and I think this would make a great center piece for my daughter's birthday (but of course she would want me to add some candy to it).

Emily's blog said...

wow! how creative... That is a really neat idea! Paper last longer than real flowers too! :)

Jillian said...

Cute project!! Flowers, stars, hearts...there are so many spins you can put on it!! :)

Judi said...

I just made one of these for the 4th of July - and it turned out beautifully - thanks for the share!

Jocelyn said...

Love the flower bouquet!!!! You did a wonderful job on this one!!! Have a great day!!! :)

Rene' said...

That is super cute KariAnn!! I think that is something that even I could do! Amazing!

Vel said...

Your bouquet is so adorable! I really must try one of these now! :)

Celine said...

Love the flower bouquet. Too cute :)

btsoi. said...

What a cheery bouquet of flowers! Thanks for sharing this cute idea.

Janice said...

This is toooo incredibly cute! Great job.

reen said...

Super cute. Makes me want to drag out my Cricut.

Terry said...

Awesome bouquet!

Nikki said...

what a beautiful bouquet
Nikki

Jennifer (gojenlaw) said...

very cute

Nikki said...

what a beautiful bouquet
Nikki

Valerie Chmielak said...

That is a really great idea!! Love the Kelly Clarkson tunes!!