Friday, July 10, 2009

Home is where the Heart Is

Here are some recent layouts I made about houses. I would like to do this for the 2 houses in Elk River too. Someday. :)

Our current house. When we were looking for houses we thought we wanted a 2 story. We pulled up to this house and Nick didn't even want to look at it. I'm glad we did. We went from engaged with 1 cat to married with 2 cats to bringing one baby home to bringing another baby home. This house has been good to us in 6 years.
One day this past spring I was in Eau Claire for work. I spent 4 incredible, memory filled years at UWEC (Univ. of Wisconsin- Eau Claire). I drove around town and took photos of the 6 dorms/houses I lived in during my 4 years there. I lived in some places as short as 1 month (Rented Melissa's room at 110 Broadway) and others a full year. Did some machine stitching around the edges and in between the paper strips. The addresses are listed above each photo.

3 comments:

JoanneK said...

This is a great idea for a layout! Wonderful memories to scrap!

La- said...

I really love that 2nd page!! GREAT design!

La-

jenney said...

LOVE LOVE that first layout!! What a cute idea to do the trees around the house picture!