Monday, July 27, 2009

The Middle Kid

We hadn't told anyone about Thermos (our nickname for #3. Long story. Our kids have odd nicknames with in utero. Bennet was nicknames Truck and Scout was Leg Lamp) but wanted to share the news with my family in person when we were in MN over the 4th of July.

I had the not-so-original idea to make Scout a 'Middle Kid' t-shirt to wear. I told Nick my idea. I was envisioning a simple circle with a thin black outline, spring green interior and 'the middle kid' in a classic font. His response, "No, no, no you have to do. . . " and I honestly tuned out at that point because I knew he was going to come up with something fantastic. He has a Fine Arts degree in Illustration ya know :) I left for work meeting about an hour away. In less than 2 hours he had sketched and emailed me a rough version of this. I mean come on!! How perfect is this?

It was better than I could have imagined. Bennet with the ever present BandAid on her leg. Stoli & Jones in the background. Our Team Sweeney flag. And of course our pigtailed girl Scout in the middle. Nick- you hit this one out of the park!!

We put the shirt on Scout at Matt & Katie's house once Megan and Gregg arrived. Katie honed in on it right away. Her response, "Megan- Ha! I told you!" followed quickly by "Congratulations!"

When my parents arrived they were just excited to see the kids (and us) that they really didn't tune in. They didn't tune in once we got out of the car to walk to Market Fest. Or when we got to Market Fest. Nick casually straightened Scout's shirt out and then the lightbulb went off.

And then it was destoyed by ice cream from Cup and Cone :)

9 comments:

Cindy aka HappyStamper aka Sealion said...

OMG! Adorable shirt!

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Very cute!

Stacey said...

How adorable!! What a fun story!

Becky said...

Great story! Looooove the graphic!

Katie said...

Adorable!!! I love reading your blog.

I have a little award for you here:
http://scissorsspatulasandsneakers.blogspot.com/2009/07/eye-like-your-style.html

:)

Anonymous said...

Cute shirt! I love it!

Jayne said...

So cute! He did a great job!

Rita said...

Ha, ha, that is the most original thing I have seen for announcing a pregnancy! Love it!

jenney said...

What a fun way to let everyone know!!! I LOVE it!