Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July in Elk River

Happy 4th of July. The 4th is one of my favorite holidays. Every year we celebrate with my family in Elk River.
This year we had the chance to go to MarketFest in White Bear Lake. Every Thursday in the summer they block off the streets downtown and have vendors/food and music. The whole family was able to make it. Even Megan was in town from Albuquerque Bennet had her first pony ride. She was so excited. She kept saying, "Mom- that's a pony!! I'm going to ride it. I'm so excited". I love her holding her hand to her mouth/cheeks in anticipation. Her pony even had a glittery heart on it's bum which she got a giggle out of.
We spent Friday hanging out at Mom & Dad's, riding the pontoon, getting pedicures.

This is my adorable niece Molly Jo. Her Dad took this amazing photo of her. Don't you just want to eat her up?
Now onto the big day.

Making homemade ice cream.
Mom & Dad
This is my Dad lighting sparklers with a blow torch. As my sister Katie said, "If you've met him you get it" :)
I can't wait for next year!!

6 comments:

Mary said...

I heard there were no fireworks in the big metropolis of ER this year! Were you bummed??

mustangkayla said...

I enjoyed looking at all your pictures! Looks like it was a fabulous day!

Katie said...

looks like a fun family day! I love that top family photo of you & your crew.

Melissa S said...

Looks like a great weekend!!!!!!! I love the pic of scout on your shoulders...so priceless.

Becky said...

great photos! Wonderful memories!

jenney said...

Looks like fun!