Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween!! It was such a warm day. In the 60's. Nothing like the blizzard of 1991 in MN :) (Sorry Matt- I had to)

Bennet was Scooby Doo. Here is Scout as Princess Leia

We started out at Grandma & Grandpa S house

I was Velma to go with the whole Scooby Doo theme. I'm pretty sure most people just thought I liked orange and red.




Nick made his costume 2 years ago. He worked day and night for nearly 2 months on it. Consumed by the dark side. The chest armor & shin guards were made from floor mats & plastic garbage cans. Then they were assembled and spray painted. the chest box and 2 belt boxes were made from wood, painted &; hooked up with all the led lights. They actually light up. The metal belt buckle was punched out from steel at Piper. Mom T. sewed the leather shirt & pants. Mom S. and Mom t. helped with the capes. The inner cape & outer cape which is lined. The helmet is huge, but has room for the voice box that does the whole breathing thing. I admit- the codpiece is a bit much- but it’s authentic.


4 comments:

.jessica jo. said...

awwww, so adorable!!!

Becky said...

What great costumes! Looks like the girls (and the adults) enjoyed themselves.

Melissa S said...

I sooo have to post a blog about our Star wars family halloween night...Scout is a beautiful Princess leia..now did Bennet wear that before? I can't remember....and love your take on Velma!!! You have it down perfectly...

Carla said...

I'm glad to see that Vader got another year of use! You look hot in Red and Orange :)