Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Old Glory -Scrap4Life DT Search

This is the layout I created for Week 2 (of 4) for the Scrap4Life Design Team search. The challenge this week was to create a seasonal layout without using any seasonal paper or embellishments. In my case I couldn't use any stars, flags, fireworks. . . you get the idea.

Photos from this 4th of July in Elk River that centered around the American Flag. I covered the chipboard for 'Glory' with paper and sanded the edges. (Chere- thanks for the chipboard and rub ons!!) Used some glittery letters for a little punch. I wanted it to have an Americana feel to it.

4 comments:

The Dolphin Inn said...

Well you definitely achieved the patriotic look Kari, this is adorable TFS XXX

Jayne said...

Very cool layout - love the muted colors!

Melissa S said...

Just awesome!

Williams Family said...

Gorgeous! What a great challenge - to create the feel of a season without pre-programmed materials. Love it!