Friday, October 17, 2008

Gobs of Gloria Gaynor

It's no secret that I love the song "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor. Back in college it was my signature karaoke song. The weird thing is I've heard it 4 times in the last 24 hours days. It's like it's following me. So of course now I'm trying to see the deeper meaning.

Yesterday I heard it on an Eau Claire radio station and then again in a store. This morning I heard it on a Wausau radio station and then I just heard it again at the coffee house in Stevens Point where I'm having lunch. Is it Polyester Pick Me Up week? I can understand the coverage on the radio, but it's out of place here amidst the Natalie Merchant and R.E.M.

How's that for randomness on this fine Friday?

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I can TOTALLY see you singing this song, with verve!

You'll have to divulge the inner meaning of this song following.