Friday, June 17, 2011

Vintage Hand-Me-Down

A while back my mother-in-law brought me a box full of sewing notions. Bias tape, snaps, clasps, zippers. Some of the goodies were Barb's and some were her mothers. I had been wanting to make a little zipper bag to protect my External Hard drive since I transport it in my purse daily.

I went to the box and found several brand new zippers still in the package. Well, brand new in 1955. The zippers were actually Nick's Grandmother's. She is no longer with us, but I think it is so cool that I am using something from her to create something new.

I love the idea images on the side. "For Sunbacks" is my favorite.

My finished zipper bag is about 7 x 7. The perfect size. I may have to make a couple more. They are so handy!

1 comment:

Casie said...

Very cute!! I love old sewing notions, and have lots from my Grandmother. Now, you will have to teach me how to put in a zipper!! That's something I've never tried and am afraid to do.