Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ugly Paper Challenge

My friend Monica hosted a challenge at ScrapChicks to create a layout using UGLY papers. It was a really fun challenge. Here were the details:

1. Find the ugliest 12" x 12" paper you have in your stash. (I feel bad for the person who got my paper. It was REALLY ugly. Gray with giant maroon koi fish on it)

2) Cut that paper into six (6) 4" x 6" pieces.
3) Mail the pieces along with a SASE (self-addressed stamped enveloped) to her.
4) When all the papers are received, she mixed them up and send me an envelope back with 6 other ugly papers.
5) I had to create a layout using at least 4 of the ugly papers and they need to be a decent enough size to be able to determine it's an ugly paper.
These are the papers I received. Some were double sided so I had 9 patterns to work with. I used 6 on my layout.

 
Title: You 2 are One of a Kind
Journaling: Only the two of you could take a simple strawberry sundae & turn it into an interactive activity. Who needs spoons when a straw gets the job done?  The Mint Cafe. 04/11


2 comments:

gottaluvboyz said...

What a fun challenge! I love what you did with your "ugly' paper...great layout!

RobinH said...

you made the ugly papers look awesome! great layout Kari