Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Green Scene

I snuck a couple minutes last week to purge my scrap area. It always feels so good to have things organized. As I was cleaning I made a mental note to put my green scrap paper to the side since I planned on making a St. Patrick's Day layout.

I lifted the idea/design for this layout from Virginia Tillery. Check out her blog at BlackFlipFlops. She has some killer talent. Plus- she has a son named Atticus. I bet him and our Scout would be buddies :)

I have had this layout in my inspiration folder for over a year. I loved that she was able to use so many photos on one page without it getting overwhelming. Event pages are my least favorite thing to scrap and this design made it all come together super easy.

Here is Virginia's layout:


Here is my take on it. I made some photos black and white. I even did some selective coloring on the one with Scout's green fingers.

The dashed vertical lines are handstitched with floss. I used a variety of scraps from Making Memories, Cosmo Cricket, Crate Paper and Scenic Route. I used my heart punch to create the little shamrock.

Journaling: Our annual Sweeney family tradition. A cupcake bake to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and Nick's 1/2 birthday. It involves yellow cake, green food coloring and sprinkles. Nick does most of the work. I make the frosting. The girls do the best part- the sprinkles. Ellie's little shamrock legs hung out in the wrap. I love that Scout is big enough to wear the famous green sweater this year. I smile as I look at photos of this event over the yrars. We all grow and change but the cupcakes just stay delicious.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Oh that is wonderful! I love how you lifted it and made it your own! So cool!

(And I agree, I think Scout & Atticus would definitely hang together! Hee hee!)