Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Jillibean Soup Goodness

I love Jillibean Soup. They have some of the best scrapbook product out there. Here are some recent projects.

Design Notes: This is a basic wooden birdhouse that can be found at any local craft shop. I got this one in the $1 section of JoAnn Fabrics. I painted the house brown and then added the paper. The Jillibean Soup Egg Drop Soup Collection was perfect! I created a template out of vellum to make sure the hole lined up properly in the front I love my circle punches and used the 1” size to create my shingles. The little birdie in the front is from Maya Road.



Design Notes: I didn’t have the correct Kraft Corrugated Alphas to make my title. I decided to use the negatives as a stencil and handstitched the title ‘Cherry’ with red floss. I found that the white Journaling Sprout was a little too bright with my color scheme so I stained it with a coffee/water mixture to make it more of a cream color. I added some chipboard behind the ‘Laugh’ sticker to make it sturdier for a 3D element.



Design Notes: I pulled the accent of red from the Dried Egg Noodle paper and used that to match the paint on the background. I used that same paint color to accentuate the Journaling Sprout.I painted the Kraft Corrugated Alphas with a cream/yellow paint mixture.


No comments: