Thursday, April 1, 2010

Blessed

Almost 5 years ago I found out I was pregnant with Bennet. Shortly after that I joined an online birth group on Baby Center. We called ourselves the BrrrBabies. Nearly 5 years later there are still 30-40 of us that communicate on a daily basis. I've had the opportunity to meet several in person.

I can honestly say that I'm better mother because I have these women in my life. They always have the answer I need even if it isn't the answer I want :)

Amy is a BrrrBaby and one of my dearest friends. I've never 'met' her. (boo)

Our lives seem to parallel on many levels. She married her husband, Matt, on the same day/year that I married Nick. Her son Jack was born the day before Bennet. Her daughter Charlotte was born a month before Scout. Her youngest, Cecily, was born this past September.

Amy is one of the most talented 'Martha's' I know. She cooks, she scraps, she crafts, she sews. There doesn't seem to be anything that she can't do. Except perhaps eat a black jelly bean or have a tall glass of milk. :) Add her blog to your reader- you won't be disappointed. Positively Splendid.

When a package arrived in the mail with a return address in Arkansas I knew that I was in for a treat. But when I opened the box and saw what was inside I literally gasped and put my hand to my heart. I fought back happy tears. It was a rare occasion- I was speechless. Just look at what she made. Wow right?



Of course this outfit will be preserved and added to Ellie's hope chest. I love that Ellie has something that was made just for her. Not a hand-me-down from her older sisters. I love that she looks absolutely adorable in it. I love that I found matching scrapbook paper :) But what I love most is the fact that I could feel the love Amy put into it as I put it on Ellie today.


Never underestimate the power or strength of online friendships. Or friendships in general for that matter. I hope to meet Amy in person someday and give her a hug for giving me more than she knows.

4 comments:

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

Kari!! You are far too gracious with your compliments. It was such a pleasure to create something special for such a precious little girl!

I am so blessed to call you my friend!

A.

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

Oh! And that is totally SWEET that you found matching paper goodies!! :)

Williams Family said...

Oh, so sweet - I just love it! And I am so happy to have met BOTH of you in person so far. Can't wait to get us all together. :)

And darn it, Miss Kari -I am crying while reading your blog. AGAIN.

Brenda said...

awww...its beautiful! Nice work, Amy!!

Ellie reminds me so much of Bennet these days. Her smile just takes me back to those first pictures of Miss B. Adorable!!