Wednesday, November 2, 2011

There You Go

Monday night after Trick-or-Treating I spent some time scrapping to unwind. I think I was as hopped up on sugar as the girls were. I played along with Sketchy Thursday again this week.




I usually have a tough time with banners unless they go with the theme of the layout. This worked perfect since my layout theme was an amusement park/carousel. I made the banner out of burlap which reminded me of the big burlap sacks we used to ride the giant slide. I also took some left over tickets and made them into flags as well.  Scout saw the layout this morning and zeroed in on the tickets AND burlap right away. Observant kid!


Title: There you Go
Journaling: At Bay Beach this yr. you liked the giant slide but you loved the carousel- asking to go on it again and again. Aug. 2011


9 comments:

gottaluvboyz said...

This is one of my favs of yours! I LOVE the burlap and tickets as flags...perfect!!!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love your layout especially the banner treatment!

Kasia said...

Amazing! Love all about your page :) The banner is so great!
Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

Diana Fisher said...

Love the alternating tickets and canvas. Cute page!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this! I love love love the photo and loving the burlap and tickets banner! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

brooke. said...

I love the tickets in the banner!

corrie said...

Awesome! I love how you used the tickets and the burlap! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Absolutely love everything about your take! Wow!

Deanna said...

um, so yeah, I think I'm in LOVE with this LO. Seriously. That burlap and ticket banner is just to die for!