Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Giddy & Proud

Last spring my friend Monica hosted a challenge to create a layout using UGLY papers. It was a really fun challenge. She recently revamped the challenge at ScrapFreak with the twist that we use papers that we LOVED or inspired us.
I sent off  6 different 6x6 papers and received some in return. I used 4 of the papers for my layout. I was inspired by the patchwork look of Scout's skirt and mixed a bunch of patterns together.

I usually don't use alot of embellishments much less make them but I was inspired. I wanted to use burlap and mesh to create something that resembeled a bird's nest. I painted the bird and added some glitter.

Once again I participated in the Sketchy Thursday sketch. I only used one photo and replaced another photo with my title and journaling.

2 comments:

Kasia said...

Wonderful take on the sketch! Love it!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo cute cute cute! I loveeeeeeee that photo and the burlap! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)