Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hold

My Grandma (my Dad's Mom) passed away suddenly this past August. Because of that I started thinking about my grandparents even more than usual. I snapped this photo of my Grandma (Mom's mom) and Grandpa a couple of years ago. I have scrapped the photo before but I really didn't document my feelings related to it. Once I saw this weeks Sketchy Thursday sketch I knew it was the chance to reflect about this moment more. I wanted to keep the layout simple to truly focus on the journaling and photo without too much else added.

6 comments:

Casie said...

How beautiful Kari! Made me cry!

gottaluvboyz said...

No other word than beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow wow... this is soooooooooo touching! I loveeeeee the photo, the journaling...just everything! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Cindy Gay said...

Wonderful!

corrie said...

Wow. This is amazing. I felt I was getting very teary reading your journaling. Thank you for sharing something so powerful. Thanks for playing with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Diana Fisher said...

This is what scrapbooking is all about. Simple. Love. Reflection. I love what you made! And so glad you used a ST sketch to start the page.