Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Visitors from North of the Border



I have mentioned the BrrrBabies on several occasions For the details go Here, Here and Here. To say they are 'online' friends isn't true. And although I've only been able to meet a couple in person, they are true to life friends in every sense of the word.



A couple of weeks ago my dear friend Carla, her daughters, Angela and Heather, and her parents stopped in Wausau on their cross country trip. They are moving from Ontario to British Columbia. You see Carla's soon-to-be ex-husband is an infintile turd who, when the going gets tough- he gets going. Seriously- my Dad has a term for what he is. A term I don't use lightly but a very deserved term in this case. I could go on and on about what a total EXPLETIVE, EXPLETIVE he is but I'm done wasting my breath on the s.o.b. Did I mention he's a priest who basically abandoned his family? Anyways- onto happier things and more beautiful people, like my friend Carla.


Heather and Bennet loved the balloons at Buffalo Wild Wings (we call is B-Dub's: Anyone else call it that?)
After supper we went to the hotel Carla's parents stayed at and had a quick dip in the pool.

Angela. I asked her at dinner if she had seen anything cool on the drive and what her favorite part was. Her answer "The window was down and a beautiful breeze blew in that smelled like gentle flowers" She has a knack for words! All three girls were wearing plaid shorts. Not planned but very cute.

After the kids went to bed we were able to kick back with a beer and catch up. Carla was saucy! Nick even hung out with us for a little bit. Dangerous as that can be. Mmm. . . toast

Carla- it sounds silly to wish you luck because I know that you are going to flourish during this change. Each day will be a challenge, but I know you will not only meet it head on, you will kick it's butt! I love you and believe in you. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

4 comments:

Melissa S said...

I don't know Carla..but I am sending positive thoughts her way.

Carla said...

Thanks Melissa :)
And thank you Kari for the visit - it was so great to see you! I wish we could have had more time. But we sure made the most of it!

TanyaM said...

(from Carla's little sister)
Carla just sent me the link to your blog. Infintile Turd is a great term. There is nothing that completely sums up the royal ass that he is.
Great pictures!!!

Williams Family said...

Oh, Tanya - there is something that sums him up. We know it as "PF". Have Carla tell you privately - since this is a family blog!

We have indeed created an amazing community of North American mamas, haven't we?