Thursday, July 26, 2012

10 Things on Thursday

1. Last Friday night we went to the Lincoln County Fair in Merrill with our friends, the Mann's. It had been FAR too long since we'd seen them. Bennet and Scout rode their first roller coaster and loved every minute. They also went on the Tilt-a-Whirl with Nick. I know it made him a little sick :) 


2. And then when we got home I surprised Bennet and Scout by taking them down to the 400 Block for the annual Screen on the Green. We were armed with popcorn, drinks and our camp chairs.  At dusk they showed The Muppets on a giant inflatable screen.  They didn't last through the whole movie (too much fun for one day) but I was glad we went. 





3. We are getting ready to start our "having a 4th child" house remodel SOON! Part of me wishes we could outsource to whole thing- but we'll get it done! 

4. Bennet Snapshot of the Week: BIG NEWS!! After a year and a half on wishing and dreaming, she has her first loose tooth. She has been diligently working on getting it out since Saturday. She spent HOURS in the bathroom last weekend trying to get it out. Nick and I have always wondered why the previous owners of our house put a mirror behind the toilet. I guess it's used for Tooth Loosening. 




5. Scout Snapshot of the Week: Has asked me to make some new reversible headbands for school. I think I can do that. I can't wait to go school supply shopping with the girls! 


6.  Ellie Snapshot of the Week:  I happened to walk by the table during breakfast the other day at school. I noticed that she ate every single marshmallow from her Lucky Charms but zero grain pieces. She does the same thing with Oreos. Licks the cream and leaves the cookie. 


7. I finished up this beast of a book (close to 900 pages!) last night. It really was an enjoyable little journey. Looking forward to the sequel in October. 




8. I made a couple of Burp Cloth sets recently. These are made-to-order to match exactly what you're looking for. $15 for a set of 3. Just email me at kari at kariann96 dot com for details. 






9.  Battled a little insomnia last night so I started this book. 






10.  This Sunday is the YWCA Wausau's 3rd Annual Guys Who Grill so both Nick (grilling) and I (organizing) are busy preparing for the event. 

No comments: