Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Book Worm

In my pre-child, pre-scrapbook obsessed life I used to read. A-LOT! I was always on the road, logging all kinds of airline miles and would devour 60+ books a year. I truly missed reading and recently made a conscious effort to incorporate it back into my life.

I started with a new obsession with my public library. They have EVERY book out. I started a long list of books I wanted to read. Why drop $15 on a paperback when you have the library?


The other reason why my library rocks? Not only do they email me when my book is ready to pick up, they have a Drive Up window. I don't even have to get out of the car. And it opens at 7:30 a.m. which is perfect for the morning person in me.


Here are the books I've read since June. I'm a fast reader but even I am impressed that I read so many books in 3 months.


Pride & Prejudice and Zombies- Seth Grahame-Smith Nothing could compare to Jane Austen's original but this was humorous and entertaining.

Everything I Needed to Know about being a Girl I learned from Judy Blume This was a collection of essays written by female authors. If you read J.Blume as a young girl you will love this.

How to be Good- Nick Hornby In all honesty I didn't even finish it. I really liked his other books (High Fidelity, About a Boy) but couldn't get into this.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society- Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows A very good read.

Eat Pray Love- Elizabeth Gilbert Excellent. Makes me want to travel. I'll be interested to see the movie when it comes out.

Nineteen Minutes- Jodi Picoult I usually enjoy her books and this was no exception. It felt a little rushed at the end but still worth the read.

Breathers: A Zombies Lament- S.G Browne Nick digs Zombies and I got this book for him as a birthday gift. He talked me into reading it. I was surprised by how well written it was. I enjoyed it.

Best Friends Forever- Jennifer Weiner Not as good as Good in Bed or In Her Shoes. I wanted to like it more than I did.

I caught up with Stephanie Plum too. If you haven't read this series you need to start. They are light and funny reads.
Ten Big Ones- Janet Evanovich

Eleven on Top- Janet Evanovich

Twelve Sharp- Janet Evanovich

Lean Mean Thirteen- Janet Evanovich

Fearless Fourteen- Janet Evanovich

Finger Lickin' Fifteen- Janet Evanovich


I'm on GoodReads.com and am always looking for a good book. If you have any must reads, send them my way!

6 comments:

Jayne said...

Love, love, love the library!! So excited that my DD does too :)

Williams Family said...

Peace Like a River - I don't recall the author, but it's a book that really stuck with me. A good story.

Rita said...

That's an impressive list! I love reading too...but we live outside the city limits and it costs $$ to use our public library! I try to take hand-me-downs from my mom and friends, lol.

mustangkayla said...

I've gotten back into reading too! I go to bed a half hour early and read every night to unwind! I finished up Three by Tedd Dekker a couple weeks ago. EXCELLENT book! I would highly recommend it!

mustangkayla said...

Oh, and I am completely jealous of your library. I went in to mine with a list of books for me and for DS to look at. Seriously, they only had like 25% of them! Yeah, TEENY library and definitely no drive up to PICK UP a book!

Michelle said...

I wanted to get into reading more as well!! But what is with this River Falls library?? They have my phone number. They have my email. I am never notified of my books being in, although their system says so. I swear, I never receive any notification. I am reading Marly & Me right now. I would like to read the Time Traveler's Wife... I think that is the name of it.. there is a movie out with Rachel McAdams. Want to read the book first.