Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I love being a Mom. It isn't an easy job. You always wonder if you're making the right decisions. You want to set a good example. You wonder- are they eating enough vegetables? (in our house- no!) You play referee. "Scout- stop kicking your sister" "Bennet- you're just fine. No tears please" You play boss "Scout- I understand you want a snack and I'm working on it" "Bennet- it's time for bed. No more whining"
But at the end of the day no matter how many tantrums or "why's" I endured it is all worth it. Do you ever have those moments that you just feel like 'this is what life's all about'? After dinner last night the 4 of us went downstairs to watch 'Wall-E'. Bennet was snuggled up on the 'baby couch'. She talked non-stop "Mom- why is Eve floating?" "Mom- what is he doing" "Mom - waaaalllll-e" Nick was doozing in and out of sleep and snoring off and on. Scout was snuggled up beside me. She kept grabbing my hand and wrapping my arm around her tummy. She'd lean back and snuggle her head into my chest. It just made me think, my gosh, it doesn't get better than this. A happy, healthy, for-the-most-part sane family. I felt like a very lucky Mom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My sweet Bennet. Our Christmas baby. As prepared as we were for your arrival we never imagined you were breech or would arrive via c/section.

You test my patience daily but you also make my heart go gooey. I love that I see so much of myself in you and that makes me laugh more than you know. I love that I know exactly how much you love me by the strength of your hugs. I love that you are independent. I just love you!
Less than 2 years later Scout joined our family- 2 1/2 weeks early at that. I remember being nervous about how I was going to juggle two kids under 2. But Scout was just an easy going, happy baby. She just fit right in. I love how excited she gets when I walk in the door from work. I love how she nuzzles into my shoulder for hugs. I love that I can finally put her hair in pigtails. I just love her.
Happy Mother's Day!!

4 comments:

mustangkayla said...

So sweet...your making me cry here KariAnn! I love that photo of the three of you1 Did you get a nre haircut? Its cute!

Melissa S said...

I so love that pic of you and your girls!! Both of them are just so cute! Glad you had a wonderful mothers day.

Jayne said...

Great post Kari! Happy Mother's Day to you too! :)

Charity said...

I also love the pic of the 3 of you. I also love love your new haircut. So great!