I've seen this on a couple blogs and thought this would help me maintain my holiday spirit.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. Always. We trudged into the woods last weekend and cut it down. Even though it drives Nick bonkers.
3. When do you put up the tree? Always after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Shortly after New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? I can't honestly say I've ever really tried it. Which is odd because I've tried most things. The texture scares me a bit.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I clearly remember getting a new pair of ice skates and a really cool BOOM Box. I also love my Christmas ornaments. (I think Nick would say the same). My godmother Denise would get me one every year. When I was a kid I would get them and kind of think "Oh - an ornament" The kid in me wanting a toy. But now as an adult I love digging them out of the box and putting them on the tree. What a fabulous memory! We buy one each year for the kids too!
7. Hardest person to buy for? Nick's parents (Barb & Rog- send ideas!!)
8. Easiest person to buy for? Bennet and Scout. It's easy when they are little and tell you what they want.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. My grandma Leona handpainted a beautiful ceramic nativity for me. I won't put it out until after kids are older. I couldn't stand it if something broke.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. This happy scrapper uses Shutterfly though. I don't make time to handmake cards.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Money. When I was 14 or 15 I asked for money instead of gifts. It was the worst Christmas ever. Watching everyone else open gifts and I got an envelope. Bad idea!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year but usually in Sept/October.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but I've thought about it. I have one gift that we received 4 years ago that is still in the box. I'm a horrible person.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Grandma Trunnell's Cranberry Pudding. So good!
16. Lights on the tree? How can you not? I like green/red and Nick likes white. Although this year it's blue and white since those are the only lights that worked when I opened the box from storage.
17. Favorite Christmas song? A Christmas Song and All I Want for Christmas is You
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? We alternate every other year. One year we go to Minnesota to celebrate with my family. The next year we stay home and celebrate with the Sweeney's.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Comet, Vixen, Rudolph, Cupid, Prancer, and Donner...
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have a vintage looking Santa that my old boss gave me as s gift one year.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? It is Trunnell tradition to open them on Christmas Eve. When we are here we have a nice family meal on Christmas Eve with our immediate family and then we do presents Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? It goes too fast. Oh and all the commercials boasting "The Lowest Prices of the Season" I'd love to know how they define season.
23. What theme or color are you using? Theme? There is a theme?
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? My dad's Prime Rib. De-licious!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? sweaters (it's cold at work!), a scrapbook weekend at Tall Oaks Retreat, a new coffee pot (not a maker- just the pot), lounge outfit.