Thursday, May 24, 2012

10 Things on Thursday


1. Spent close to 2 hours deep cleaning Kim the Kia also known as the mini-van last weekend. I looks fabulous! Anyone want to place bets on how long it stays clean? 


2. I personally loved the Grey's Anatomy finale. I saw so many friends on Facebook crying foul. I don't get it. The show has always been about pushing buttons and boundaries. I've come to expect that my emotions will be tested and beloved characters may be lost. 


3. I've been spending some quality time with my sewing machine while Nick has been spending some quality time with Diablo III. Here is a Reversible Tote Bag and matching zipper pouch that I made for a co-worker. (These are made-to-order. Email me at kari at kariann 96 dot com if you're interested)




4. Bennet Snapshot of the Week: She is looking forward to her end of Kindergarten Pot Luck tonight at school. She is most excited to show us all her 'art' and bring the fruit salad that she helped prepare. 



5. Scout Snapshot of the Week:  I still predict that she will be shortest of our 3 girls. But this week it seems like she's sprouted. All of a sudden a lot of her dresses are too short. On to the next size. 


6.  Ellie Snapshot of the Week:  Ellie discovered that if she goes to the window on the playground she can see me at my desk. Most afternoons around 3:45 I'll see a ponytailed Ellie with her face smooshed into the window screen saying, "My Mama!" and giggling. 



7. Nick spent the better part of last week at the cabin fishing with his best friend Nate. Every night when he'd call Bennet would ask, "Whatcha catch today Dad? A muskie?" And he did! 




8.  I'm patting myself on the back for surviving 5 nights and 6 days as a single mom. It's my yearly reminder that those of you who are single parents 365 days a year truly are superheros. 


9. 4 full and 2 half days left of school. 


10. Off to the cabin for the long Memorial Day weekend. It's the last time we'll be able to stay at the 'old cabin' before it's torn down to start construction on the new one. So many memories there. 

No comments: