Thursday, August 25, 2011

10 Things on Thursday

1. School starts 1 week from today. Scout can hardly contain herself!
2. I finished Bennet's back-to-school skirt last night.
3. Scout picked out fabric for her skirt. It has robots on it. Only Scout!
4. Took Bennet to the dentist this week. Great report and np cavities. Scout was mesmerized and is ready for her first visit (bad mom!) in a couple weeks.
5. Last weekend I started and finished Bel Canto by Ann Patchett. It was excellent. I plan on reading more of her books.

6. Started reading A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. I'm not letting the fact that it won the Pulitzer Prize scare me.
7. Today we are in Minnesota saying goodbye to my Grandma Marvel Trunnell who passed away suddenly last Saturday.
8. I am determined to shed just as many laughs as I do tears. She would expect that!
9. On a happier note, September is coming which means new TV! Cannot wait for HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family and Cougar Town to name a few!
10. We are celebrating Scout's 4th birthday a little early with a casual party this Saturday. Mmm . . .  cake!

No comments: