Thursday, August 4, 2011

10 Things on Thursday

1. This Saturday Nick and I are going to Eau Claire for the day/night to remember a college friend who is not longer with us and celebrate his life with those friends that are.
2. We are starting to plan Scout's Despicable Me themed birthday party.
3. Our favorite "kids are in bed" shows right now are Torchwood, White Collar and BurnNotice. (I still watch Big Brother alone)
4. Eleanor had her 18 month check up this week. She a happy and healthy little girl. 34 inches tall and 29 pounds. She is tall!
5. Last week I finished Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. It was an excellent book. I highly recommend it.

6. Right now I'm reading The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton. It's a nice light summer read.
7. My repaired camera came back last week Just in time for my work fundraiser (YWCA Wausau's Guys Who Grill
8. Speaking of Guys Who Grill, I won $300 at the raffle last weekend and I'm treating myself to a new lens.
9. Oh- and last but not least. . .  Nick, along with his co-chefs Matt Woodward, Terry Mann and James Mearden won BEST OF SHOW at Guys Who Grill. Their menu included: Flank Steak Sandwiches, Pancetta wrapped scallops, stuffed portobello mushrooms, Cornbread with veggies and chorizo, Pound cake with Nutella, raspberries and vanilla ice cream

10. I am addicted to Angry Birds. Yes- I was sucked in.

No comments: