Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Not the Sleeping Beauty of my childhood

Last weekend Nick rented 'Sleeping Beauty' on BluRay for our weekly Movie Night. Holy crap. This is NOT the Sleeping Beauty of my childhood. I remember Sleeping Beauty as muted and a bit grainy. They aren't lying when they say it's been digitally remastered. This doesn't do it justice but for the sake of argument here are photos.
Original

BluRay



To say the colors are vivid is an understatement. The images are crisp and off-the-charts bright. It was like watching it for the first time. My kids eyes are so spoiled. :) Nick, my mom, Megan and I just couldn't get over how saturated and intense the colors were.

On a side note did you see that Pinocchio is 70 years old? It was released in 1940. To put it into perspective my 93 year old Grandfather may have seen it during the original release when he was 20. WOW!

No comments: