Thursday, March 15, 2007

That's my Sister!

I am so proud of my sister Katie that I just had to post about it. She has been growing her hair out and yesterday donated it to Locks of Love. She had 8 inches cut off. Way to go Katie! I know I wouldn't have the patience. Someone will really benefit from your generosity! This is before:



This is how it looks now.


Locks of Love is an organization that provides hairpieces to children suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. Most of the children helped by Locks of Love have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata, which has no known cause or cure. The prostheses Locks of Love provides help to restore the children's self-esteem and their confidence, enabling them to face the world and their peers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an incredible gift she has given to a child. That is an amazing organization and she looks beautiful in short hair. :) I don't have the patience for that..too lazy! LOL

Matt said...

This is Katie writing, not Matt. Thanks for posting this Kari. Your recognition of what I have done is a large part of why I am so happy to have you as a big sister.

Carla said...

Way to go Katie! Your new do looks great, too. :)