Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Happy Half Birthday Nick!

Nick's birthday is July 16. But when he was little he never got to bring treats to school since he had a summer birthday. I know- very sad. So, his mom had him pick a day. He chose St. Patrick's Day- March 17. Each year we make cupcakes to celebrate!
Time to put our aprons on.
One handed egg cracking? That's a pro! Look good enough to eat already!
Grandma Sweeney brought Bennet the coolest derby hat! And she loved it!

Licking the spatula- the second best thing to eating the cupcakes

7 comments:

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

Nick, your mom is a smart one! I always got jipped in the school birthday celebration department, too, with a birthday that fell the day after yours. Maybe next year I'll throw myself a little party on St. Patty's Day, too. :) Fun!

Lindsey McFarland said...

Mmmmm....those look like some tasty cupcakes! Happy Half Birthday Nick!

Carla said...

Looks like lots of fun! Can I have a cupcake? Happy Half Birthday, Nick!

Anonymous said...

Happy Half Birthday Nick!! Looks like a fun family event. And that hat - SO CUTE!

andrealyn said...

Happy four months till your birthday Nick! Looks like everyone had a great time. Although, Bennet stole the party! She is so cute!

Molly said...

Since Amy and I share the same birthday, the day after Nick, I can also share the no-treats-at-school pain!! My little sister's birthday is on my actual half birthday, Jan. 17th, so she and I both celebrated our half-birthdays on each other's birthdays...good way to guarantee some cake!! :) Bennet is the perfect little helper!!!

JC/DCO said...

YAY! Happy Half Burfday Nick! It was also my adopted birthday! Don't we rock?