Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Same Day Birthday

It's no secret that my favorite color is red. And I love using a splash of buttery yellow with it. In fact, my kirchen is red and yellow. Perhaps that is why I like this layout so much. I usually use kraft, white or a simple pattern as my background but challenged myself to use this Bazzill Swiss Dot red that had been in my stash awhile.

I created this layout as a sample for the latest Inspired to Scrap class. Bennet shares her birthday (12/21)with her Great Grandpa and my cousin. I used the banner flags along the bottom to show their ages.  This photo was taken in November 2011.

TITLE: Same Day Birthday
Journaling: Three generations all born on December 21.
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock, Echo Park paper, Pink Paislee paper, Lily Bee Designs alpha, Basic Grey alpha, Echo Park alpha, Maya Road mist, Twinery twine.

2 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Good for you scrapping this legacy!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I like the banners with their ages on them. This is really nice!