Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love Love Love

I was asked to contribute to the Valentines Crop happening at Piece of Scrap. (http://www.pieceofscrap.org/) I took the opportunity to make something lovely for our walls.

I love red. I love handstitching. I love paper scraps and I love grids! I took all my favorites and made a simple Valentines wall art piece.



Supplies:
8 x 10 frame (I found mine at Kohl's for $7.00)
Various colors of floss
8 x 10 background paper
Patterned Paper scraps
Alphabet stickers
Buttons, brads, miscellaneous embellies
Pencil
Ruler
Heart template (I used a punch and used it as a stencil. A chipboard heart would work great too!)


How To:
1. To make the grid I found the middle of the page (5 inches down and 4 inches in)
2. From there I measured out and made boxes that were 1.75 x 1.75
3. Stenciled my heart template in pencil and stiched with floss.
4. Machine stitched my white grid lines (optional- you could simply erase them or go over them in a black pen)
5. Added my patterned paper squares.
6. Found 3 red alphabets for Love love love!
7. Ready to frame! I took the glass out and put it behind the paper for support.
8. Already thinking of making a St. Patricks Day one with shamrocks!

3 comments:

gottaluvboyz said...

This is adorable!!!!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

This is too cute! Love the red and pink and the grid pattern! TFS!

Pam said...

I love LOVE it! You always rock the hand stitching!!