Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What a difference. . .

a week makes. Eleanor is a week old already. The more we look at her the more we think she looks like Scout did as a newborn. Except for the full head of dark hair and her dark eyes. We are all starting to get in the groove of having another person in the house.
Bennet is smitten. When Ellie cries she'll say, "I bet she misses her big sister. I'd better check" She has been a huge help. Playing Dr. Bennet and bringing me my meds along with hugs, kisses, and diapers.

Scout likes her too. I often catch her leaving her kisses on her forehead or a little love tap on her head as she runs by. Of course we are having the normal 2 1/2 year old jealousy issues, but nothing too unbearable. She likes to tell me "Mama- baby hiccups" or "Mama- baby crying".
Ellie is a great eater and sleeper. She's doing 3 hour chunks of time at night which is great. I hope she keeps it up. She had her one week checkup yesterday and is back up to 8 lbs. 15 oz. She is much bigger than Bennet and Scout were but she still seems so tiny to us.


Hanging with her Elliefun, Dad and Stoli

6 comments:

Amy @ Positively Splendid said...

She does look an awful lot like Miss Scout! So glad to hear things are going so well. :)

The Comin Family said...

So happy for you all! Love hearing things are going great!

Williams Family said...

Just gorgeous! James does that too - he'll be playing and then swing by and pat (gently) Emma's head and continue on. It's so adorable. So glad you are all enjoying your Family of 5.

charlotte said...

She is beautiful!!!!! Warmest congratulations to you and your family!

Carla said...

So beautiful! :)

daizie said...

omgosh Kari! shes GORGEOUS!!!! congrats!!!!! huge huge hugs to you!!!!!
oh my -- just looking at that adorable lil face gives me baby fever! ACK!!! I better get outta here! LOL!!!!!!
♥Bethany