Friday, May 16, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy belated Mother's Day! Life is moving really fast lately so I'm just getting to this now.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. My first as a mom of 2. Bennet planted a fragrant lilac flower with Amy at daycare. Amy said she loved putting the dirt inside. I went to pick her up and she came sauntering down the stairs proudly holding the pot in both hands. It was downright adorable. She said "Happy Mama for you" She was so proud of herself. Just had this 'I did it' smile. Everyday she points to it and says, "Mama purple flower" Still proud.
Sunday Nick and the girls made me Chocolate Chip panckaes. Oh nothing beats chocolate in the morning!! We spent the rest of the day relaxing. I couldn't ask for anything more than that.
Here is a common sight at our house- both hands full.
Although it's rare that Scout looks so somber. She's usually a smiley kid. Even my baby brother called to wish me a happy day. Now wasn't that sweet? (He's 25 and single :))

2 comments:

The Dolphin Inn said...

Sounds like the perfect day and just what you deserve, have a wonderful weekend honey, take care XXX

Carla said...

25 isn't too young is it? But his name might be a stumbling block for me... at least the spelling is different :) Looks like a happy Mother's Day!