Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I love being a Mom. I always assumed I'd have kids, but I was never one of those girls who dreamed of being a Mom from a young age. But sometimes you don't realize something is a dream until it comes true. Being a Mom to Bennet, Scout and Eleanor is simply a dream come true.

It isn't an easy job. You always wonder if you're making the right decisions. You want to set a good example. No more sneaking a pull of milk straight from the carton :) Sometimes just the sight of them learning how to walk, ride a bike, or brush their hair makes you cry.

You play referee. "Scout- stop hugging your sister so hard" "Bennet- you're just fine. No tears please" "Ellie-my hair is attached to my head and I'd like to keep it that way"

You play boss "Scout- I understand you want a snack and I'm working on it" "Bennet- it's time for bed. No more whining" "Ellie- if you stop opening drawers you'll stop getting your fingers pinched"

You hope that when you repeat the important things 100 times in a day they are listening just 10% of the time so it sticks.
It's not always easy to balance all the roles I play as Mom. Sometimes my lack of patience gets the best of me. But somehow everytime I'm feeling like that one of the girls will do something that makes it impossible for me to stay crabby or pouty. At the end of the day no matter how crazy it was, it's all worth it. 

Happy Mothers Day!!
Photos from last Mother's Day.
TITLE: Room for 3

 
My Mom:
I was asked to create a layout for the May edition of ScrapStreet Magazine that focused on something or someone that influenced your life. I knew right away that I wanted to make a page about my Mom. I can't post the photo here since it's in the current issue, but just click the link.
 
http://scrapstreet.com/ss11/5may/open2.htm

My 2nd Mom:
My mother-in-law Bar , shown here with my sister-in-law Sara. I feel very lucky to have a fabulous mother-in-law. Not only did she raise her son to be a wonderful husband and Dad, she makes me feel good about myself on a regular basis. Can't beat that!
And of course I am thinking of my sister Katie who welcomed her second daughter, Morgan Mary, to her family this Tuesday. I hope she is able to enjoy a relaxing day at home with her family. I love you Squirt!

3 comments:

gottaluvboyz said...

Beautiful layouts, Kari Ann! Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

RobinH said...

Happy Mother's Day Kari
the layout of you and the girls is so sweet

Grandma T said...

Tears in my eyes. You do that to me all the time! Love you, Kari Ann!