Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Today & Everyday

I love this picture. Nick snapped this photo last September one evening after work shortly after I started my new job at the YWCA. Our grass isn't green yet, but today as I was leaving for work I noticed that all the snow has finally melted. (Until this weekend? BOO!)

I love how little Ellie looks. In the last month it feels like she's not only doubled in size but also doubled in her ability to communicate, get around and make us shake our heads (both the good and bad kind of head shake). She is truly becoming her own person and we are just loving her.

She LOVES to eat. If she doesn't eat when she wants to she gets really crabby- just like her Mom.
She has to fall asleep with her little pink tag blanket. She grabs it with hand and then puts her thumb in her mouth and falls right to sleep.

She shakes her head "no" when she means yes.

She LOVES to dance. She shakes her booty and moves her arms up and down to the beat of the music.

I made this layout with a modified sketch from the last sketch class at Inspired to Scrap. I did some machine stitching between the squares on the bottom. The journaling spot was a little too white so I painted it with some coffee water to dull it up a bit.

TITLE: Today & Everyday
Journaling: You make me feel like a good Mom with your smile

No comments: